Chapter 8: Children... I'm Stuck With Children

Spirit was not the most sociable of people, everyone found out. The walk back to their hideout had been quiet and tense. It was quite weird to be working alongside a Ghoulish, after all. No one really understood how an enemy was on their side and meant to help stop their own from taking over the world. Spirit didn't seem too fond of answering many questions that were asked of them.

"So... how old are you, Spirit?" Masako questioned. Hopefully that was something they could actually get an answer for.

"25." Spirit began, everyone seeming to relax a bit. "Thousand."

"Huh?"

"25 thousand years old."

There was a long silence as everyone looked at each other with wide eyes. That was definitely not the answer that they had expected to get. Spirit was that old? Without being able to see them at all, it was impossible to tell. Would they even be able to tell if they could see them though?

"How old are you all?" Spirit questioned, seeming a bit confused by their reactions.

"Well... Shouji and I are 16. Kiyoshi is 15. Yuuki and Asami are 17." Masako replied.

"Wait. You all are actual children?!"

"You all call us kid. Why are you shocked?" Asami asked.

"Because we are all old as hell. All of you humans are children to us. I thought you all were older than that. What on Earth is that crazy old guy thinking..." Spirit sighed.

This was not the situation they had expected to end up in. They were working with literal children. It really was a miracle that they hadn't ended up dead.

"If you're that old... did you meet the original Kisekirangers? Or well, whatever they called themselves." Yuuki questioned.

"I have." Spirit replied, their voice tense.

"Then does that mean you know how to use these things better than us?" Kiyoshi asked, staring at his Sparkling Changer and diamond. "We don't know what all we can do with them. You did a move we hadn't seen before."

"Yes, I do know a lot about these things." Spirit placed some diamonds onto the floor. "There are many of these diamonds out there. Only some have the ability to transform someone, but there are many that have special powers. These are some I have collected over the years."

There were six of them. Spirit explained the uses of each of them. The maroon colored one could create fire, the aqua created water, the lime one could summon plants, the grey one fog, the violet one could poison others, and the gold one could create barriers. There were so many uses for them.

"There's enough for each of us to have one. Take one." Spirit stated. "It's only fair. You need the extra help more than I do."

"How do we use them?" Yuuki asked as she picked up the gold diamond.

"You put them in your changer in place of the change diamond. You can also simply place it in your sword for a special finisher attack." Spirit explained.

"And you said there are a lot more out there we could find?" Masako repeated, choosing to take the maroon diamond.

"Yes. I have seen many more used by the original fighters. I do not know what became of them, unfortunately."

Kiyoshi picked up the aqua diamond, Asami the violet, and Shouji took the lime diamond. Spirit took back the grey one for themself to use.

"Can we ask about how they defeated the Ghoulish the first time?" Asami asked. "Juno didn't exactly tell us how we were meant to save the world and all. He really didn't tell us anything useful, honestly."