Chapter 12: Eren at the Mall

"Come on otosan, you promised you'd teach me today!" Kawachi yelled from the garage.

Ai giggled to herself as she took the plates from the table after breakfast. It had been a day since Eren and Reiner met, and the revelation of who and what Eren really was made it a relatively interesting night.

Ai was giddy and happy, glad to finally know more about her husband. She wanted to know for so long where he came from and what his home was like. Although she knew now that he was from another world, they didn't get the chance to talk about the world yet. What was the food like? How were the people? Did he visit any unique places? She promised herself to get him alone to talk more, maybe a fancy dinner date.

However, she also recognized that he was reluctant to share about his world. Eren always told truths about his past but kept the detail vague. Ai knew that his history was authentic, that being that he was a child soldier and fought for his enemy at one point, an enemy she now knew was this "Marley" group. So, she wasn't expecting him to fully open up since she knew the darker sides of his life.

The biggest shock was the fact he could turn into a fifteen-meter-tall monster... a literal monster. She saw the video on TikTok and assumed it was fake like everyone else. Apparently, that was her husband. Apparently, he had no reproductive organs in that form, which Ai knew from experience that he does in his human form.

"Sure Kawachi." Eren said, massaging his neck slightly as he walked out to the garage to teach his son.

Everyone still had an hour before they needed to leave for school, so it gave Eren and Kawachi some much needed bonding time. This would actually be the first time Eren actively taught his son something that he knew. Things that wasn't basic things that all parents teach their children.

Ai left the dishes in the sink because she wanted to watch the little fight. She was so excited and even got her phone ready to take pictures and videos. She wanted to make this memory permanent.

Eren and Kawachi were both in workout clothes, with Eren and her son wearing gloves to protect them. Kawachi mainly to protect his hands and Eren mainly to soften his punches when he lightly punched Kawachi.

Eren went through some of the basics of throwing a proper punch and how to take a guard stance with Kawachi, who listened with eagerness. He had a big smile on his face at finally getting to learn from his otosan. It was a smile that warmed Ai's heart.

Eren instructed Kawachi to start punching while keeping his guard up. Kawachi threw punch after punch into Eren's outstretched hand, letting him get used to the feeling of impacting a glove. All the while, Eren reminded him that his guard dropped.

"Hey otosan, why did you learn to fight if you could turn into a monster?" Kawachi asked as he threw a punch.

"Well, other people could turn into monsters too, we had to fight in our monster form." Eren said with a small smirk.

Ai knew after he told them, that Eren was terrified of them learning the truth. Maybe he thought they'd hate him for being a monster, and it's a difficult thing to accept, but they all thought it was amazing and even exotic. Ai could see on Eren's face that he relaxed a bit when his powers were brought up since Kawachi thought it was heroic.

"Like Reiner?" Kawachi asked.

"Yes, like him." Eren said.

"Did you beat him?" Kawachi asked.

"All the time." Eren said with a chuckle. 

"But he seems like a cool guy, I can't imagine him being evil." Kawachi said.

Eren paused a moment, lowering his hands which confused his son.

"What is it?" Kawachi asked.

"Kawachi... sometimes the world isn't as complicated as good or evil." Eren said.