Chapter 19: The Trap is Sprung

Eren roared as he was surrounded by the two Titans and the ODM using men. They swarmed around him, their RPGs prepared to launch. Their skill seemed to be on par with a typical Garrison Soldier. Good enough to move without being under pressure, but nowhere near the skill and professionalism of a Scout.

One tried to extend his arm to launch an RPG, but Eren ducked before he was able to release it. The RPG missed his head and sailed over and impacted the roof near him. Luckily it missed some of the kids on the roof, since RPGs focused their energy forward the explosion caused minimal area damage.

Eren Moved to try and attack one of the ODM Yakuza but when he did the Cart Titan jumped towards him, intending to bite his nape. Eren turned towards her and tried to hit her but when he did, he was attacked by the Jaws as well.

Eren reached out with both of his hands and tried to grab at the Jaws and the Cart. He managed to grab the Cart, but the Jaws clawed his wrist and ripped his right hand off. Eren grunted in pain at the familiar feeling of his Titan body being dismembered.

Eren threw the Cart into the Jaws, forcing both of them to crash into the school wall and crashing into the building. Eren heard screams as that side of the building began to collapse. A few children and a single adult faculty member was still on the roof as it slowly began to give way.

Eren reacted. He threw himself into the building and reached out with his remaining hand. He managed to catch the kids and the adult as they fell, they clung to his hand for their lives, barely fitting on the palm of his hand.

Unlike Mikasa, who knew that the monster before her was her papa, these kids were screaming or paralyzed in fear. Which made complete sense. They had no idea that Eren was trying to save them.

Eren turned towards the enemies, his hand near his chest to try and offer some protection. The Yakuza thugs were attached to the side of the building, ready to pounce but Eren could tell there was clear hesitation in their movements.

Eren realized that they hesitated because of the kids in his hand. Despite being criminals, it seems that they were not so keen to spill the blood of innocent children. They waited for Eren to make a move or waited before getting an opportunity to attack.

Eren didn't want to gamble that they wouldn't try to attack him with the kids, so instead of using the kids as a shield, Eren quickly placed them and the faculty member on the standing part of the room so they could run away, which they did. He didn't watch as they ran since his attention was on the-

The building below him burst open and he felt the Jaws bite his calf, causing him to fall to his knees. The Yakuza members jumped up and aimed their RPGs right at his face. Eren tried to use his hand to block but they fired at once, causing multiple RPGs to hit him right in the face.

Eren was blinded as his head was blown completely off. This body was done for, and he knew it. There was nothing he could do in order to salvage the situation, so Eren detached himself from the nape and jumped forward off of his steaming Titan body.

As he did, the Cart jumped up. Eren saw with wide eyes here wide-open mouth, ready to devour him and steal his powers. Eren was in the air and could barely react.

Right as her mouth closed, Eren bit his hand and transformed. The transformation was violent and caused the head of the Cart Titan to explode as his Titan body formed around him. Eren glanced at the mangled Cart and saw that the Shifter ejected from the nape and was already biting her thumb.

The Cart materialized again, moving back to create distance from Eren's Titan form.

Eren was surrounded and knew that he can't fight these odds. Between the four ODM using Yakuza and the two Titans, he was severely outnumbered.