𝓢𝓶𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓻

The dim light of the chandelier danced lazily across the mahogany desk, casting elongated shadows that seemed to breathe with me. My fingers drummed restlessly on the cold surface, a symphony of tension and anticipation. My father's chair felt like a throne of thorns, every inch a reminder of the responsibilities that had been thrust upon me far too soon.

Russo. The name left a bitter taste in my mouth. That conniving snake had rotted the very core of the Knight Empire, betraying the man who had treated him like a brother. My father's death was a wound that would never heal, and while I had avenged him by putting Russo in the ground, the one who had pulled the trigger remained at large.

A sigh escaped my lips as I poured myself another glass of whiskey, the amber liquid glinting ominously in the low light. The burn as it slid down my throat was a welcome distraction, momentarily silencing the cacophony of doubts and questions plaguing my mind.

"Zack," a familiar voice broke through my reverie, pulling me back to reality. Alex, my most trusted confidant, stood by the doorway, his sharp features illuminated by the soft glow of the hallway lights. He was more than just a friend; he was my anchor in this turbulent sea of chaos. "You've been cooped up in here for days. You need to breathe."

I met his gaze, searching for any sign of judgment or reproach. Instead, I found understanding. "I know, Alex," I murmured, running a hand through my disheveled hair. "It's just... everything happened so fast."

He nodded, taking a seat opposite me. "We've been through hell and back, Zack. But now that Russo's gone, maybe it's time to think about the future. Your future."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued despite myself. "What are you suggesting?"

Alex hesitated for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "There's a human auction tomorrow night," he began cautiously, gauging my reaction. "It's discreet, invitation-only. But it might be a good opportunity for you to unwind, to... forget about everything, even if just for a night. And besides that, it could be a great opportunity to gather information and news about the new rising empires and companies as well. You attending that big scale of a party would be statement to everyone. Not only the empires in the pact but other businessmen and powerful people will be there and this would be a big sign that you're the blood of Knights and nothing and no one can come in the way of yours or this em "

A human auction. The concept was as repulsive as it was intriguing. Women and men paraded like commodities, sold to the highest bidder. Yet, in the twisted world we inhabited, it was just another form of business, another way to assert dominance and control.

I took a long sip of my whiskey, weighing the pros and cons. On one hand, it could be a much-needed distraction, a chance to escape the suffocating weight of my responsibilities. On the other, it felt like a slippery slope, a dangerous path I wasn't sure I was ready to tread.

I met his gaze squarely. "I know what they are. But they're also a hub for information, connections, and power. But yeah you're right, Alex. I need to show them that the Knight Empire is still strong, that despite Russo's demise, we're not to be trifled with."

I closed my eyes, trying to silence the voice of reason screaming in the back of my mind. I was the head of the Knight Empire now, and with that title came a myriad of responsibilities, some more unsavory than others.

"Alright," I finally conceded, the word feeling like a weight on my chest. "I'll go. But I want you to be there with me, Alex. As my friend, my advisor, my... moral compass."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Alex's lips as he nodded. "Always, Zack. You know I've got your back."

We clinked our glasses together, sealing the pact with a toast to the unknown. Tomorrow night, I would descend into the belly of the beast, stepping into a world where morality was a luxury few could afford. But tonight, I would allow myself the luxury of ignorance, of pretending that the lines between right and wrong weren't blurred beyond recognition.

As I drained the last drop of whiskey from my glass, a sense of determination washed over me. Russo might have tried to break me, to drag me down into the depths of despair, but I wouldn't let him win. Not now, not ever.

Tomorrow night, I would face the darkness head-on, armed with nothing but my wits and the unwavering loyalty of a friend. And maybe, just maybe, I would find the answers I so desperately sought, hidden amidst the shadows of a world gone mad.

But for now, I would revel in the fleeting sense of freedom, knowing full well that the path ahead was fraught with danger and uncertainty. Because in the game of survival, sometimes the only way to win is to embrace the darkness, to become the very thing you swore to destroy.

And as the clock struck midnight, signaling the dawn of a new day, I made a silent vow to myself. No matter what it took, no matter the cost, I would reclaim my father's legacy, restoring honor to the Knight Empire one way or another.

The human auction awaited, a macabre spectacle of power and privilege. But for now, I would bask in the calm before the storm, preparing myself for the battle that lay ahead. Because in this world of shadows and deceit, the only thing more dangerous than the enemy was the man willing to do whatever it took to survive.

But amidst the chaos and uncertainty gushing in waves throughout my mind, one thing remained clear-I was Zack Knight, heir to the Knight Empire, and I would stop at nothing to protect what was mine.

Tomorrow night, the Knight would rise once more, ready to reclaim his throne and restore order to a world on the brink of collapse. And woe be to those who stood in his way, for the wrath of Zack Knight knew no bounds..

HELLO EVERYONE!! 💞YOUR AUTHOR HERE.. 🐰 Hope you guys are enjoying the story and the chapters..❤️ if you like the story please vote for the chapter, that would absolutely mean a lot to me. and please comment your views about the story and chapters.. will help me improve my skills. And guys could you please let me know if the chapters are too lengthy or too short... Thank you so much for reading. LOVE YOU!!💋❤️

- SNOWBALL🐇