Chatper 10 arrows

Edward was left in the dark, until a little arrow was shot at him. Obviously fearing an imminent attack Edward fled for the darkest crevice he could reach. Another arrow shot at him and another and another. The thing wouldn't show itself, it just fired at him. When eventually a heart-shaped arrow did hit him, he felt no pain it was more like being tickled by a feather.

"Ahhhhhh" a long sigh came, before the thing finally showed itself. It was like a woman but not so much like a woman as a youthful boy. It had a smooth face clear as amethyst and as a summers day. It bore a wooden bow laden with roses as red as blood with a heart shaped end, no damage could that do. It had pink hair as sweet as a berry and small lips as if constantly prepared to kiss.

Edward felt the arrow tickle him as if being lifted by magic. The angelic figure flew onward toward a beautiful little cottage, it was small and cold. A couple sat by the fire. One woman was weeping by the fireplace holding a white bundle, as if for an infant. The man was comforting his distraught wife, she weeped and weeped and nothing could comfort her. But of course her husband gave her great comfort. Edward looked about the scene, before turning to the pixie.

"Tell me, what has occurred to make her so hysteric?"

"She was with child, the child has gone to the stars now"

Edward rushed beside her, she couldn't see him but he looked upon the scene and the two seemed to find peace in each others eyes even though they were both suffering they could do it together.

The angel and Edward were pulled though the fireplace. They were now in a coal miners cottage. A large family huddled round one solitary candle, the mother had to remind the youngest to stay away from the burning light. The family were all dirty and their clothes were but merely rags, the fathers coat was torn all up the sleeve and with no effort to fix it made. The mother wore a stained dress that would've been stained upon purchase from it's former owner. The children's clothes were also stained and oversized with the youngest boy being dressed in a mens shirt stained with a brown substance.

Although they were all grubby and were in no state fit. Everyone one of them smiled in their icy home even though their was much to mourn.
Edward found himself in a small flat, two women sat by the fire wrapping presents individually taking it in turns to wrap or cover their eyes so they wouldn't see, both giggling in the childish nature of it all.

Edward found the scene quite amusing and began to join it saying "no, no don't look at it"

"Why would you be so childish? Act your age" the sprit said. Edward sank hating to hear his own rude words repeated back to him.

The scene faded Edward felt the spirit loom over him giggling and shooting arrows at him. Repeating his words over and over and over and over and over. Edward felt his heart drop as near death passed him by. All of a sudden it hauled, a popping noise filled the air and the angel was no more. However Edward was stood in the drawing room in his best suit while his family surrounded him.

"Edward?" Lillian said also puzzled after her ordeal but finally knowing what he meant to her

"Lillian, oh dear Lillian. I am so very sorry so forgive me for my rude comments"