CHAPTER 26

The days became weeks and the weeks culminated into a month.

The toothbrush holder in my bathroom was holding a pair now. My wardrobe had a small pile of clothes in the corner that didn't belong to me. One of the container in my kitchen held freshly brewed coffee powder everyday even though coffee still wasn't my beverage.

My otherwise silent music-system had begun to hum to the classics of 80's occasionally.The movie racks in my drawing room had a new section for action movies next to my rom-coms and the distance between us on the couch was lost in the warm cuddles.

I gently rested my head on Kshitij's shoulders and drew the quilt higher over us. Our legs were interwined next to the empty bowl of popcorn on the centre-table in front of the couch while Robert Downey Jr. went all rakish on the television screen.

As our Iron Man movie marathon was coming to an end, I realized that I had developed a taste for sexy superheros of the action movies better than my liking for the passionate leads of the romance movies.

"I've given it a long serious thought before I came to this conclusion." I spoke over the credits' music, "I find Iron Man hotter than Batman."

"Take that back!", Kshitij moved away with a jerk and gave me a skeptical look, "You can never do that.Iron Man belongs to the Marvel universe and Batman is part of the DC universe. comparing them is unnatural and plain wrong!"

"Calm down my adorable nerd." I pulled him closer and leaned on him again, "To me they are all hot men saving the world and I shall have my preference as it pleases me."

"I can't believe that throughout all these legendary movies, I shared a quilt with an inane person like you!" He exasperated.

I sat up straight annoyed and crossed my arms, "I almost forgot to give you my opinion on which universe has the best villian of all. Between Joker and Loki,-"

He put his fingers in his ears and started singing, "la! la! la! la!- I can't hear you- la! la! la!-"

"-the villian who impressed me the most is-"

"-la! la! la! la!-"

"Is my cousin having a Geek-Fit again?" Vivaan walked out of the washroom.

"Is that the term you've coined for his condition?" I turned to him with a resigned expression, "I must say it is a pretty serious one."

Kshitij snapped at me, "Yes, you too join him in the mockery like the rest. You simpletons will never learn to appreciate the genius of these comics. It takes a-"

Vivaan walked over and plopped on the sofa next to me, "If you go on like that Kshitij then I'm pretty sure you are not getting laid tonight."

Kshitij gave a meaningful look to Vivaan and his smirk fell to become a horrified gasp. I looked from left to right at the two men sitting on my either sides.

"No! You're kidding me!" Vivaan laughed, "I don't believe you. I saw two toothbrushes in the bathroom and don't get me started on the fact that the shirt which I had gifted you on your last birthday is lying in her wardrobe right now. I'm not a fool, there is no way I'm convinced that you aren't banging her!"

"You went through my wardrobe?!" I gasped.

"I got bored in the middle of the movie. I had to do something to entertain myself." He gave a dismissal wave of hand, "But that's not the point. Explain Kshitij's personal belongings that are lying around your apartment."

"There is nothing to explain." Kshitij shrugged, "sometimes when we end up talking to each other till late night, I don't bother going home later. Her couch is pretty comfortable to sleep on and there are times when I have to rush for the office directly from here. So what's the big deal about having a couple of pairs of my clothes at her place?"