CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2 is dedicated to Dopeyundercurrent :*

''I have a bad feeling about this.'' I declared drumming my fingers against the coffee table.

The four of them gave me a skeptical look before going back to the flashy screens of their respective phones. Well, everyone but Naina whose fingers were busy dipped in the nutella jar filled of molten chocolate. I tried taking a lick from that but my hand was rudely slapped away by my pregnant, hormonal friend. I dropped the matter with just a scowl because she was gonna gift me with a baby-angel very soon. 

''I seriously think that there's going to be something majorly wrong with him. And why did you girls decide on setting up a meeting here?'' I frowned.

One thing I didn't ever want was to meet the clowns( my potential grooms) at our own cafe. I loved this place and it had too much of sentimental value to be ruined by tagging some stupid, creepy memory to it.

Yes, we had occupied a table at Cafe Magic Beans at around eleven in the morning. It hadn't even been a few days to my encounter with the ketchup guy that my friends had showed up to my doorstep with a new one. They usually never took it upon themselves to find a man for me because my family was doing an overtime at that. This was one of the rare times when my magic beans came across a 'nice' guy whom they think to have a potential to hit it off with me. There were no bright stars seen in their last attempts but I must say that these men didn't turn out to be half as creepy as the choices of my aunties were. 

''Kshitij is a nice guy and he insisted on seeing this place so...." Kavya trailed off.

"Well, at least let me see his photo or give me something about him. Please?" I asked propping my head up on the elbows.

Naina shook her head dismissively. Since past a year or so my family and friends had come up with a 'Cloak-And-Dagger' operation. All they would let my "judemental" self know is the name of the guy I'm meeting along with the place and time. No photos. No biodata. Yeah, it was kind of like a blind date but the girls insisted on having a dramatic name so 'Cloak-And-Dagger' it was!

"You guys are just over reacting to come up with this 'Cloak-And-Dagger' scheme of your's. I really don't refuse to meet guys on the basis of some immature, insignificant reasons." I justified.

"You passed on my cousin a year back because his facebook profile had a few likes on some of the reality shows you don't like." Drishti rolled her eyes.

"And it is a valid reason because the person who spends half of his time watching those 'scripted' reality shows full of non-sense and the rest of his time in hitting the like buttons on the fan pages isn't exactly the soul-mate of my dreams." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"And remember that family friend of your's she refused to meet?" Zalak turned to Kavya, "Just because he wore a tiny ponytail at his nape!"

"Ponytails on men just give me an impression of a rebel or arrogance. How do I marry that ?" I shrugged.

"Also her college friend who proposed her just a few months back!" Kavya recollected, "He was rejected because his last name—"