CHAPTER 28

The youngest member of the Joisar family cooed in my arms and I couldn't take my eyes off him. Naina was sitting next to me on the dining table and flipping the pages of the weekly copy of 'City Rhythms'. Kavya, Drishti and Zalak were settled around, waiting for their turn with our adorable nephew.

"Yatharth." I tested his new name on my tongue and smiled at the little one.

Zalak sighed, "He doesn't do much but somehow I still can't get enough of him."

"There!" Naina tapped a page of the magazine, "I found your article. Check it out."

All of them hurdled up around her and scrutinized my first attempt at public writing. I felt the churning in my stomach that I had felt all through the morning. I had gone to drop my family at the railway station for their train to Ahmedabad and made my way to Naina's mother's house for our breakfast together. Aryan was here to meet his wife and son and offered to make pancakes for us while we spent some time with Yatharth. The reason why we were meeting in the morning was because it was today that City Rhythms was featuring my article that I was so nervous about.

Naina put the magazine down and all of them went back to their chairs after a few long minutes of silence where I did nothing but stared at half-asleep Yatharth cuddled up in my arms. I looked at all four of them with anticipation.

"It was amazing!" Drishti grinned.

Kavya clasped her hands together, "I can't believe that thousands of youngsters in Mumbai are reading your article right now! I'm so proud of you."

I gave a weak smile, "It is kind of exciting."

"Are you kidding me?" Zalak rolled her eyes, "It is crazy exciting! This could open a number of opportunities for you in the writing world- something that you always wanted!"

Naina smiled, "She is right. Having your first article published in a brand magazine is something!"

Aryan came from the kitchen with four plates of pancakes and set them in front of us. He affectionately looked at Yatharth in my lap and reached for the fast-asleep angel. Gesturing us to be quiet, he tiptoed towards the bedroom with his son cocooned in his arms.

"He sleeps a lot." Drishti complained, "I didn't get a chance to play with him today."

Just when Zalak was about to snap at Drishti for the upteenth time this morning, Naina's mother entered the dining room.

"Naina," She said softly, "Kshitij and his cousin are here to see you."

"Hello ladies!" Vivaan entered the room with Kshitij behind him.

He sat on a chair next to me and pulled my untouched plate of pancake towards him as aunty left the room.

Taking a bite, he turned to me, "Would you mind switching places with me? Naina is dying to sit next to me." He winked at her.

She laughed, "I think I'm alright here."

Kshitij pulled a chair next to him and gave an apologetic look to Naina, "I had no intentions of bringing him here but he sat on the hood of my car and threatened to stay there until I agreed to let him tag along."

"It was worth it!" He said with a mouthful of pancake, "I've never had such awesome pancakes in my life."

I gestured towards my other three friends, "Guys, this is Vivaan- Kshitij's lunatic cousin. Vivaan, meet Zalak, Kavya and Drishti."

He gave me a sarcastic smile, "Thanks for the introduction. I usually go with 'columnist in City Rhythms' but 'lunatic cousin' works too. Naina doesn't care what you have to say about me, her love for me will never die!"