EIGHTEEN

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

THE trip has been nice so far, and it seems as though it'll remain that way for the rest of the time Bianca stays. After meeting Lando's parents and the rest of his family, excluding his two sisters that couldn't make it, it was clear that kindness was something that ran in the Norris family blood.

Their household glows with safeness and sunshine, even with the light being lost outside. Signs of love and appreciation are painted everywhere in the house, in the picture frames on the walls and the worn down floors, no doubt from young kids running around for years and years. Not only was the house itself well-loved and well-lived-in, but the hospitality of Lando's family was pure and true, especially that of Lando's eldest niece, who was a little over four years old—and completely obsessed with Bianca and everything she was.

But, it was about 10 PM now, meaning everyone was asleep except for Lando and Bianca themselves. However, it wasn't because they were both wide awake, but rather because Lando's parents forgot to mention to the both of them that his sisters' bedroom had become a storage room over the years, and the only place for Bianca to sleep was in his.

In his room.

In his bed.

With him.

"It's not a problem," Lando insists, rubbing his neck as he avoids eye contact with her. "I can just sleep on the couch downstairs and you can have the bed."

Bianca blinks her wide eyes. "There's no way you think I'm actually gonna let you sleep on the couch in your own house."

"Technically not my house!" Lando throws his hands up innocently with a slanted smile plastered on his face.

"Lando."

"No, you're not gonna get me with that this time," he peers to look behind Bianca, who has strategically placed herself in front of Lando's bags so he can't leave. "You know you're basically an elf, right? I could pick you up and grab those with you on my shoulder if I wanted."

"I don't really care," Bianca says, chin held high as he began to approach her. "Ah, ah," she points a finger at the taller man. "Don't try and flirt your way out of this either."

"Aw, but that always works," he pouts, his blue-green eyes meeting Bianca's own blue.

The two stay like that for a minute, just looking at each all up close and personal. Surely, if any one of Lando's family members saw them, they would have been aptly confused about what the two were up to.