NINETEEN

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

IT'S 2 AM, and Lando cannot sleep for the life of him.

Maybe it's the cold air nipping at his skin, even with the thick hoodie on his body and the heap of blankets covering him chin to toe. It could also be the slight wind picking up outside. There was a chance of rain later today, he had seen it on the weather app and was grateful he remembered to pack his rain gear before leaving Monaco.

He tried everything. Really, he did. From letting the TV play on the lowest volume possible, to even those 10 hour white noise videos he saw every once in a while on YouTube. It was way nicer than he expected, but not enough to make him want to sleep.

He sits up on the leather couch of his childhood home and pulls down his hood, taking out his wireless headphones and placing them back in their case.

No way Bianca would be awake, right? It's two in the morning, and she's most likely winded from all the traveling and coffee she consumed prior to arriving at the house. Additionally, she was a pretty deep sleeper anyway. He had picked up on that when he was staying over at her apartment back in LA.

He grabs his phone from the coffee table and opens up his messages.

lando 😚❣️
hey bia, you awake?

One second. Two. Three.

A minute, and no response comes.

Lando sighs and places the phone back on the coffee table. Right when he tries to lay down again, ready to face a sleepless night and the quietness of the house, he hears the creaking of the old stairs echo throughout the empty first floor.

"You okay?" A voice calls out, the creaking never ceasing until the bearer of the voice steps on the cold, wooden floors.

"How are you wearing shorts?" Lando questions, tilting his head at the sight of the blonde, who was wearing only a t-shirt and lounge shorts with some ankle socks.

Bianca hums, "Dunno. I like the cold."

"I know you do, but you'll get sick."

"Medicine is a thing."

Lando clicks his tongue. "Stubborn..."

Bianca curls her lips slightly and takes a seat next to the man on the couch-turned-makeshift-bed. "Did you need something?"

"Ah, just couldn't sleep is all," he explains, crossing his legs. "How'd you hear the message? I thought you'd be long asleep by now."