THIRTY - THREE

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

PAPAYA is Lando's new favorite color, not just because of his job, but also because of how good Bianca looks in it. Though, she does look good in everything, so maybe he just likes every color there is.

What he doesn't like, however, is the way that Bianca is looking at him as he suits up.

It's not the same endearing look that he's used to. There's nothing sweet about the way that her eyes glance over his body, and analyze his face.

It's because he hasn't been sleeping well, not for the last four races; and Bianca noticed, because of course she would.

Lando finishes zipping up his suit, and walks over to Bianca, looking at him with arms crossed, and an expression that he could only describe as pure worry in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" He says softly, like the conversation they were about to have was one that should remain private.

"You were so restless last night," she sighs. "Be extra careful on the track today."

Lando pulls her in for a hug, his papaya race suit and her matching sundress meant for the weather of Italy aligning perfectly in the shade of the McLaren garage.

"You don't need to worry about me, okay?" He promises. "It's been a rough few days, but my performance has been good, and I have been safe and sound after every race."

"I'm stuck on 'what if this is the one?'" Bianca says into his shoulder, and Lando shakes his head.

"What do you mean?"

Bianca pulls away, and looks the taller man in his eyes.

"What if this is the one where you're not safe and sound after?"

Forgive Lando for comparing, and he gives credit where it's due, but this might be the healthiest relationship he's ever been in.

Before Bianca, his relationship with his ex was good. In fact, most of his past relationships were good, but this was different. There was a mutual understanding of the pressure on each other's backs from their audiences and the press, the necessity of doing well and performing well. There wasn't a need to over-explain, or constantly justify oneself. There was only understanding, and easy conversations.

However, there was a key difference between Lando and Bianca, and that was that Bianca knew how to take care of herself.

Lando swore that he wouldn't fall into his old habits from last season— that he wouldn't talk down on himself for little mistakes, and he wouldn't do anything too risky unless justified. It's been difficult though, especially with the controversy with Jackson hanging over his head.