TWENTY - TWO

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

10 PM, and most of the family has given up on staying awake.

It's funny, Bianca had silently predicted it would happen while she was sat next to Lando watching whatever Christmas movie they had stumbled upon and decided to watch.

Originally, everyone was there. Lando's parents, his brother and sister-in-law, his niece, and-of course-he and Bianca were there too. His niece had fallen asleep watching the film first, so Lando's brother went to put her to bed, then promptly said that he was tired so, he went to sleep too. After thirty minutes or so, Lando's sister-in-law called it quits, and went to bed as well. It was natural, really, with parenting being tiresome and all.

Bianca, Lando, and his parents ended up finishing the film at 9. They all agreed it was a solid 6/10, with some of the jokes just not landing and the acting being moderately okay. His mom eventually admitted her need for sleep, so they bid her goodnight with Lando's dad following her not-so-far behind.

So, there Bianca and Lando were once again, in the living room alone. This time though, they were sitting comfortably on the floor waiting for midnight to strike, with Bianca sat with her back resting on the actual seat part of the sofa, while Lando opted to sit by the coffee table a little bit away from her.

"It's just fun, really," he defends, sipping on his rare cup of coffee he's chosen to drink tonight. "Gives you something to look forward to on a holiday. Plus, someone needs to eat those cookies over there to keep up the Santa act." He points to a small plate of cookies and carrots near a table by the Christmas tree with his free hand, earning a scoff from Bianca.

"We could just eat them now..."

"Nope," Lando shakes his head. "Midnight."

Bianca rolls her eyes playfully as she flips through Netflix's awful catalog of movies. "Shadow & Bone?"

He sets down his coffee and shakes his head again, "I don't really like watching shows that got cancelled, because what if I like it but then I can't forward to future seasons?"

Bianca points at him with a nod. "Good point, babe."

Lando shoots her a smile, then turns his head to the TV once again as she starts flicking through more movie and show options.

The nickname fell from her lips way too easily, but Bianca has chosen to ignore it, because overthinking on Christmas is strictly forbidden.