THIRTY

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

IT had already been an eventful weekend for both Lando and Bianca, but the jitters weren't stopping until the Bahrain Grand Prix was done.

Free practice had been a breeze for Lando, ending with him getting P5, and qualifiers was even better.

Yesterday, Lando had grabbed pole position into his hands, and the cheering from the McLaren garage must have been heard around the world—cheering, that included Bianca's own, and she had already started to turn the garage into a second home for her to familiarize herself with. It was a new experience for her to be present at every race happening within the season, but it was a welcome one regardless.

She watches from the sides as Lando gets suited up to race, the formation lap beginning in just a little over fifteen minutes.

After zipping up his racesuit, the McLaren driver approaches her with open arms, and his hands find her waist rather quickly. The action is familiar to her now, and yet it still sends shivers up her spine.

"Any final words for me before I get into the car?" He asks, tracing circles on the sides of her body.

Bianca puts her hands around his neck. "Do your best. Don't be harsh on yourself. Don't crash," she lists simply, giving him a kiss on the cheek after she finds herself on her tippy-toes.

"Sounds easy enough," Lando shrugs, returning the kiss by planting one on her forehead. "Wish me luck?"

She quirks her head to the side, her gaze never leaving the features of Lando's face that she saw as her own museum of art. "You don't need it, but, good luck anyway," she says, pulling him in for a hug that he reciprocates with ease.

When they let go, it feels like ripping two pieces of velcro off of one another, a tearing sound echoing through the McLaren garage as she yearns for his touch once more.

Lando turns to get in the car, but twirls right back around to approach her one final time.

"Is it too early for an 'I love you'? We haven't discussed that yet."

Bianca's eyes go wide at the question, but it's not long until her eyes soften as they typically did whenever she and Lando spoke.

With the shaking of her head from side to side, she responds, "It's never too early," and she says it because it's true. Why wait to express such things like love?