THIRTY - ONE

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

LANDO loves his grid-mates, he really does, but sometimes he feels an urge to strangle some of them in the broad daylight, especially if they suggest partying right after a race.

It was Max's idea, to no one's surprise, to celebrate the start of the season with a visit to some sort of underground club in Bahrain; an afterparty-type of thing in honor of his win, and Lando and George's podium finishes. With that idea, a decent handful of drivers agreed to go—Logan, Lance, Charles, Lewis, and Alex, to name a few, and while George got away from the idea easily, Lando was dragged into it, since Max had slapped a hand on his shoulder and referred to him as his 'clubbing buddy,' which he couldn't help but cringe at, hoping that the nickname wouldn't stick.

So, against all his wishes, here he and Bianca were, watching an absurd amount of people get shit-faced, in the darkness of some random club, at a tiny little standing table meant for two. Oh, and it was 3 PM, had he mentioned that yet? It was 3 PM, and people were slamming shots down like it was midnight and his eyes genuinely hurt from rolling them so far back into his head.

He wanted to spend this time to ask Bianca how she was feeling, if she was okay after the race, but when she heard the idea of an afterparty she was too engrossed in the act of coming up with a good outfit to even spare Lando a minute that would allow him to check up on her.

This wasn't like her, and his suspicions on something being wrong were growing stronger by the second.

At their tiny table, Bianca had opted to drink a Shirley Temple, while Lando found himself slowly working on some random, fruit-filled drink he saw on the menu that was filled to the brim with beverages labelled with crazy names he couldn't pronounce. He was getting sick of the music for once, and he wanted out.

"You wanna get out of here?" Lando asks, shouting at the singer to get his words to translate over the booming tunes of the club.

Bianca shook her head. "Not really! It's kind of fun, unless you want to go back to the room?"

"Is that you flirting or you worrying about my wants and needs?" He asks, making a laugh escape from the blonde.

"Why not both?"

Lando shakes his head and takes a sip of his beverage. "I'm good with staying if you want to stay!" He appeases, one hand on the tall glass.

Bianca smiles at the response and sips on her red drink through the provided straw until all that's left is ice and a singular cherry resting at the bottom. She then removes the straw from the glass and raises the cup to her lips, shooting some ice into her mouth. She begins to chomp, and Lando can't help but laugh at the sight.