TWENTY - ONE

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

ONE more day until Christmas, and this small trip has been nothing but heavenly for Lando, and he's almost one hundred percent positive that Bianca holds it in the same regard.

Compared to yesterday's eventfulness with horseback riding and night drives with his brother and sister-in-law, today was a lot more lax, with much more calming activities like hot chocolate and sitting by the fire. At the moment, his niece was entertaining them all with some story about whatever wacky show she's found herself watching on her tablet—because much to Lando's dismay, his niece is definitely an iPad kid.

As the family engrossed themselves in the young girl's story, Lando couldn't help but find his arm snaking around Bianca's waist as they sat on the couch side-by-side. It wasn't unlike how he was holding her those two nights ago; or even how he was holding her last night.

They were getting closer, in regard to whatever their little dance routine was, and also in physicality. Lando hadn't fully realized just how close they were getting, until Bianca asked Lando as they were setting up the table for lunch if she could kiss him on the cheek.

No one was around in the kitchen at the time, as the family had opted to hang out outside while Lando and Bianca offered themselves up to fix the plates and cutlery in the house. The request was out of nowhere, no doubt, but Bianca's excuse was that his sister-in-law had asked out of curiosity why she and Lando weren't so affectionate outside of hugs; something to do with how with his past relationships, he was all hands on.

After a small chat about it, the two agreed that kisses on cheeks and foreheads were good, and left it at that as they filled the empty cups at the table with water.

Now though, with the fire sprinkling their faces with warmth and his niece's words filling his ears, Lando found his eyes latching onto the stunning visual that was Bianca every now and then. Sometimes it was just to look, other times to press a light peck on the top of her head.

Was he getting carried away? No. He knew how to control himself and where their boundaries lie, and he respected that. But, it's difficult to kiss her once and not crave to do it over, and over again. It didn't help that Bianca was so easily called to snuggle up into him, her perfume taking over all of his senses every other breath he took. It's that same citrus-y scent, the one he had first inhaled in her Los Angeles apartment, and the one he would smell around his house in Monaco, even when she wasn't around.

Over a few minutes, his niece's story came to a close with scattered laughter and soft smiles, and everyone began to get up to eat dinner.