Bed Time

It was much later than you were expecting to be home by. But the heavy hunk of metal you had to drag along with you made the trip a lot longer than you were expecting. How could you resist though? He was a work of art. You'd never be able to charge them up with the amount of power an Ai from the Pizza Plex would probably need. But if anything, you could make him pretty again, maybe he'd like being a nine foot tall doll for your little stuffie and toy table. You liked sewing and making stuffies, and who doesn't like having an action figure or two? You have a carefully built display of your favourite projects on a table. Well, except for the stuffies you kept on your bed.

   You set him up in your living room so you could get a better look at him. While you were dragging him home you noticed that his paint changed colour based on the lighting, so you looked through your limited supply of colour changing paints as you also looked for something to fill all their holes and scratches. You did a bit of light work on their face plate and painted what you could, though you would like to find a colour changing paint that matched. You were in no way done with him, but it was a good start before you decided to call it a night. You did carry him all the way home along with your bike, so it made sense that you'd be exhausted.

   You got changed into your stary pyjamas, noting that the stars on one of the pant legs of the bot almost matched yours. You brushed your teeth, turned off the lights, and hopped in bed. You looked through your phone, for a bit instead of going straight to sleep [SLEEP! Take care of yourself!] Poking through your left on 'read' messages on your dating app, and looking up the prices for colour changing paint. Apparently you need to get special colour changing paint if you're painting an Ai. Great... maybe since he's just going to be a doll you could get away with the cheaper and easier to find normal colour changing paint?? The special ai paint had a better colour match though...

   You seemed to be so focused on deciding what paint to get that you almost didn't notice the sound of ticking and quiet scraping of metal. You only looked up from your phone when you heard your bedroom door open.

...

   A pair of crimson glowing eyes stared right at you as it peaked from behind the door. You froze, he didn't move, until a scraping sound rang from him then silence, he made another noise that started to sound less like scraping and more like glitched static. He glared as his hand reached to his chest and he looked down at himself, the static, scraping, and glitched noises got more frequent as he got more upset. He seemed upset anyway.

   You realized that his voice box must have been broken if he was trying to speak. He walked into the room, unable to stand up straight from his tall stature compared to your lower ceiling height. After glancing at himself in the mirror he remembered being a lot worse for wear than he was now. Looking back at you, he figured you may have patched him up.

   The Ai walked right to you making you quick to sit up and tuck your legs in as he climbed up in the bed and got up close. He pointed to his chest while making a glitched sound. You were stuck in a bit of shock. Didn't they have literally no power? How can they be active? Why the hell were his eyes red and scary?!

   He rolled his eyes in annoyance at the slowness of human minds. He pointed to his neck trying to communicate that he couldn't speak. Technically his voice box was in his chest, but he knew that human "voice boxes" were in their necks.

   "Uh, right..." You realized that he was expecting some kind of response from you, "Yeah, you're voice box sounds totally fucked." You smile nervously at them. They made a loud screeching sound at you. You couldn't tell why they suddenly got so upset at you.

   "Okay... I'm sorry..." You put up your hands defensively as you apologized. They almost seemed to huff and sit back, with their arms crossed, even if it didn't exactly sound like a huff.

   He was huge compared to you sitting in your bed, and his weight made you almost slide into him from the mattress sinking under him. "If there's a store open, I might be able to get you a new voice box tomorrow?" You offered, catching his attention. He nodded and climbed off your bed, you let out a sigh of relief before he grabbed both your ankles.

   "Wow Wow WOW! HEY WAIT!" You yelped as he dragged your ankles down the bed, forcing you to lay down before he let you go and tucked the blanket over you forcefully. He stared at you for a second longer telling you to "stay" in the only way he could.

   "Okay!" You squeaked nervously. He nodded, and left your bedroom, closing the door behind him to give you privacy.

   You lay there in bed frozen for a while, trying to process everything you just saw. You took out your phone and started checking on how expensive voice boxes are. You realized that you didn't entirely know what kind of voice box he needed, not that it mattered too much every Afton Robotics and Faz-Fuck voice box was going to be the end of your wallet as you scrolled though the prices of different kinds. No wonder only rich kids could afford these things. You saw that there was an independently owned Parts and Service shop in walking distance to your place, so at least there was that. Though you still wondered how he was running on no power. Backup generator? Maybe you misread the power scale? Freaking Ghosts?! You had no idea.

   You didn't even hear the door open before you noticed the Ai's red eyes staring at you from your door again. He looked pissed. He walked right up to you again.

   "I'm sorry!" You tried to hide before they took your phone out of your hands. "Wait!" You yelped and sat up as he held it between his thumb and finger glaring at it like it just insulted him. "If you break it, I can't buy you a voice box!" You threatened. Though you regretted it as he turned his glowing red glare at you.

   You gulped, but stayed where you were sitting in bed. His chest cavity opened up just enough for him to slip your phone inside and close it. Confiscating your phone like a parent or a rude teacher. He left your room again, now confident that you would go to sleep finally.

   A part of you couldn't believe the gall of the bot treating you like a child. He literally came in to check if you were sleeping and took your phone when you weren't. You'd have to get your phone back from him tomorrow though.