Thrifting

Happy New Year ✨️

   Once again you were kicked out of your own home by your robotic roommate, this time demanding new clothes, so you decided to head to your favourite fabric store before going to a thrift store for clothes in their size. You'd gotten a bunch of fabrics that seemed like they would fit their colour schemes, even splurging on getting some colour changing fabric that would suit both of them. You were doing a lot of spending on them... Surely by now they had to be your most expensive art project yet. Still, it was worth it. Sunny had praised you for your paint job with Moon that morning which you had to admit, felt good even if what you did wasn't anything special yet. His praise made you excited to actually make clothes for them. Maybe he was expensive, but it was worth it to make Sunny happy.

   After you went to the check out with your new fabric and sewing materials, you left to head to the nearest thrift store. As you thought, you couldn't help but wonder what it would take to get Moon as happy with you as Sunny was with your art.

   "Oh starlight!~ look at what a good job you did!~"
   Now that was a thought...

   You brushed that off quickly before your mind went any deeper into something of that sort. Of course the memory of painting Moon's chest came to mind and made you want to smack yourself in embarrassment as you looked through the racks of shirts and pants at the thrift store.

   Praise sounded weird in Moon's voice anyway. So far he'd been nothing but degrading to you. "Naughty naughty~" Though that would lead to a somehow worse line of thoughts... He's a daycare bot, he's a daycare bot, he's a daycare bot.

   Your internal conflict with your own mind ceased in an instant as you saw a familiar face at the thrift store. Your toxic ex. Talking and laughing with their equally as toxic friends as they looked at clothes that was just... so so them. Luckily, none of them had seen you yet. You didn't manage to get a lot of clothes for Sun and Moon, but due to the new situation, it would have to do for now. You looked over your shoulder and hid behind clothing racks as you quickly checked out and got out of the store.

   It was better if you avoided them. You weren't up for the verbal or emotional abuse that you might've received if they saw you.

   You started heading home to call it a day, and once you arrived, you'd almost forgotten you had someone waiting patiently and eagerly for your return. Sunny greeted you with a wide smile as he sat on the couch. Though, with a quick visual scan, he seemed to read you like a book.

   "Sunbeam? Are you okay? Did something happen!?" He tilted his spinning faceplate a bit too far to the side as he asked. Somehow it cheered you up a bit. You smiled and laughed lightly. "What's so funny?" He straightened up in confusion.

   "Nothing. I'm fine now, Sunny." You took the shopping bags out from behind your back. "So, are you ready to try on some new outfits?"
   "Am I!?" he jumped up excitedly, even his rays spun as he grinned with excitement.

   As you had let Sunny take the bags and change in your room, you took out your sewing machine, iron, and new clothing patterns for you to alter and turn into outfits that would perfectly fit Sun and Moon's tall and lanky body. Meanwhile Sunny started doing a fashion show as you worked. Coming out of your room with his outfit and striking some poses before excitedly running back in to change into something else. You laughed at his enthusiasm, which seemed to satisfy Sunny's goals in getting you to laugh.

   "We should get Moon to try on his clothes." You suggested once Sun had run out of outfits to show off. [idk use your imagination for the outfits] Sun frowned and shook his head instantly.
   "No!! I want to spend more time with you! Moon can have his turn when it's dark out!" He huffed and crossed his arms.

   "It'll only be for a little while. And you get to see me all day usually. Besides, I want both of you to pick out a pattern for me to make for you, and I'd like to start sewing them before the evening." You held out a few sewing patterns with pictures of what they look like to Sunny. You smiled as Sunny picked one that he liked while still having a huge pout on his face.

   "Fine." He huffed. Your phone beeped in his chest as you went to close your window blinds to make the house dark enough for Moon.

   "What was that?" You asked Sunny, hoping that he'd tell you what notification was on your phone. Sun was silent for a moment as he walked over to your light switch.
   "It was nothing, just spam." He said quietly without looking at you. sus

   "Sunny?" You called to him as his finger rested on the switch, he looked at you questioningly. Hiding his lie pretty well with his usually bright eyes as though nothing had happened. "Why won't you and Moon give me my phone back?" You asked. He took a second then laughed dismissively.

   "You're so silly!" He teased then quickly switched the light off, and avoided all consequences to his actions. Coward.

   Moon's paint came to light as his memory downloaded Sun's data. He blinked his red eyes open to see you looking very annoyed.

   "Why won't you two give me my phone?!" You asked Moon this time.
   "This isn't how I would like to first wake up Starlight~" He smiled, being just as dismissive as Sunny.

   "Then tell Sundrop to not avoid answering my questions!" you crossed your arms this time.

   "Oh~ You didn't call him Sunny~ he must be in big trouble." Moon was mocking as he went to your sewing machine with all the patterns and picked his favourite one like you wanted him to. You took a breath to calm down, and not let yourself get angry at Moon when it's Sun you're annoyed with.

   "I'm sorry Moon. I've just been a little..."
   "Withdrawn from social media?" He finished your sentence as you struggled to explain why you were feeling so stressed about your phone. Withdrawal. That sounded about right. You nodded to him, though you weren't too happy about admitting it. "We thought that might happen. We really aren't keeping your notifications from you, you just haven't been very popular lately."

    "Thanks a lot." Nothing like a kindergarten Ai telling you you don't have any friends. At least none that are texting you...
   "Any time~" You just knew he was teasing you on purpose.

   "Okay then. What was that notification that Sun got? He kept that from me." You pointed out.
   "Like Sunny said. It was spam. Nothing important." Moon shrugged, he seemed to be a better liar than Sun at least.

   "Alright, what's it say?" You asked accusingly. Moon hummed in thought before answering,
   "Hot robot boys near you?" He smiled. You froze as a hot blush coloured your face.
    "WHO TAUGHT YOU THAT!?" You screeched. Moon snickered at your reaction.