Painting and Dimming

Sun took their time picking something to wear from your closet and took extra time getting undressed. He'd never really been naked before. He'd never been in a human house. He knew how to clean, and he was waterproof, but he'd never cleaned dishes until then. Sun knew that the Pizza Plex was gone, so there was no were else to go for him and Moon.

   Everyday was the same in the Daycare, or at least it was supposed to be. Open the doors, play with the kids, have a safe, cozy naptime, play, close the doors, clean, then Moon would patrol. Then the digital terrorist ruined it, and the daycare never got the chance to reopen after getting rebooted. Sundrop didn't even want to think of her name, he'd delete the memory of her if it wasn't so dangerous to forget such a thing. Oh, the things that Sun and Moon had done because of her.

   Now the future was uncertain for them. No closing hours. No set schedule. It worried Sun more than it worried Moon. Sunny figured that if they could be useful to you, they'd at least have a roof over their head and walls to protect them.

   Sun came out of your room wearing a cardigan that fit more like a crop top on him, as well as some jeans that fit like capris or shorts. His paint turned a deeper shade of pink as he handed you his shredded and burnt clothes.

   "Thank you Sunny. I promise I'll get you new clothes that fit soon. You can even help me design them!" You tried cheering them up which did seem to help a bit.

   "Let's Paint!" He smiled. You got the new paint out and cracked it open, getting a few brushes for you and Sunny as he sat up on your craft desk in the middle of the room. You started by painting his arms as he painted his legs. Careful to follow the lines of his design and not paint the clothes he was wearing. As soon as you started painting his under arm he started giggling and flinching.

   "HAheehe- No! Not there!" He cried with a snort of laughter.

   "Are you ticklish?" You asked with an impish smirk.

   "NO!" He insisted. Lier.

   "Then you'll let me paint your arm!" You tried painting his under arm again and made him laugh until he suddenly jumped off the table and tried running away. "Get back here!" You had your brush ready for painting. Sun jabbed his paintbrush at you in defence.

   "I will paint you if you get close!" He threatened before the two of you resorted to a sword fight via paint brush. The battle was epic, the paint was all over both of you, you hadn't had that much fun since you were a kid.

   You both calmed down by the time all of his ticklish spots were eventually painted and your shirt was matching his paint, even changing colour in the light. It was getting late outside and Sun seemed to get nervous about it.

   "Can we keep the light on tonight? I want to spend more time with you!" He pouted.

   "I do too, but I really can't keep the light on all night Sunny." You tried explaining. "Besides, I'd like to meet Moon properly this time."

   "Yeah..." He huffed in disappointment but had to agree. Though a part of him was still nervous about how Moon would act around you. If Moon didn't like you he could very easily ruin your relationship with Sun.

   Sun watched you as you switched the light off and the dark of night filled the room. It wasn't so dark that you couldn't see, but it was dark enough that the paint on Sunny started changing from yellows and pale colours to blues and black. You watched as Sun's rays folded back behind his head and a sleeping cap took their place by appearing from behind the face plate. All the while Moondrop paused as he downloaded all the data that Sun had collected through the day.

   Kinda like Moon was remembering everything that Sun had seen.

   He moved as his red eyes came to focus on you. Were his teeth always that sharp?

   "Hello, Moon..." You greeted nervously.

   "Naughty-" He spoke with an annoyed growl, far different from Sun's voice.

   "I'm sorry?" you gulped.

   "Naughty naughty language. You curse like it doesn't mean anything!" He sneered at you and slid off the craft table to his feet. He couldn't help but notice his small outfit covered in paint. "Filthy..." He frowned and left the room without another word. He seemed to mostly ignore you aside from scolding you for that one time you said fuck in front of him. You followed him cautiously with a frown. You weren't exactly expecting Moondrop to ignore you so immediately. He took off the cardigan and tossed it in your laundry room, not actually planning on cleaning it himself, you did notice that Sun organized your laundry though.

   "You missed some spots." He looked at his paint job in the mirror.

   "Do you want me to fix them?" you asked him before crossing your arms.

   "Yes..." He grumped, not happy about admitting that he needed help from you, but he really wanted his paint to be fixed.

   "Didn't Sunny teach you any manners?" You asked, hoping to get Moon to be a little more polite by making him say the magic word.

   "Sunny?" He repeated the nickname as he looked down at you. "Let me guess, he gave you a nickname too." He teased,

   "Yeah?" You stepped back as Moon walked to you, his height worked at intimidating you just a bit.

   "Well, Starlight~" He nicknamed you now, "We don't need your help! Especially from an adult. We can take care of ourselves!" He yelled at you with a glare before running back into the craft room and closing the door. He sure changed his mind about wanting help quickly.

   You stood there in shock. He treated you like a child before and now he was acting like an angsty teenager himself. You wondered how Sunny must've felt sharing a body with him. You looked at the time and realize that you didn't have any lunch before so you headed to the kitchen to get yourself some dinner. After today, you didn't exactly have the energy to make a whole new dinner so you grabbed some leftovers and warmed that up.

   Moondrop on the other hand was trying to fix his paint. He struggled to make straight lines with the brush and he couldn't see what he was doing very well without a full sized mirror. He huffed in annoyance and slammed his brush down on the desk he sat on. He turned his head to the window and saw the sky fade with nightfall. He could actually see the sky...

   Moon hated that Sunny seemed okay with serving a human like a regular service bot. In the daycare, they may have been "serving" the kids, but they were also the ones in charge. They were built for entertainment, and child care. Not being some house maid. Though maybe Moon was just upset because Sun at least enjoyed cleaning. He could actually be useful to you. But telling an adult when to go to bed wasn't very realistic nor very useful. Moon wasn't built to be outside the daycare. Sunny was at least charismatic enough to make a friend wherever they went. But Moon felt useless outside of what he was programmed to do.