Anxieties

Please ⭐️ if you're enjoying this book so far!
So more can read it👉👈 thanks♡

==

    Moon dressed into his own outfits you got him. Each article of clothing suited them both well enough so when they switched between each other, their clothes wouldn't look too out of place. Still, Moon had his preferred style, just as Sunny did, leaving Moon to do his own fashion show in the background as you worked on their custom outfits to replace their old tattered daycare uniform.

   You could tell that Moon was trying to hide it, but every once in a while you could hear your phone go off with a notification ding.

   "And what was that one?" you'd ask Moon as it dinged.

   "What was what?" He was trying to gaslight you.

   "I Heard It!!" You were annoyed with him but didn't know how to retaliate. At this point you were more annoyed with Moon than you were with Sun. You got up, catching the attention of Moon as he finished trying on all his new clothes. And without saying a word you started walking away from your desk to the light switch.

   "Hey, Wait!" He jumped up to chase you but you were already at the light with your finger ready to switch it by the time he tried attempting to stop you.

   "Are you going to talk now?" You asked, turning to him but keeping your hand on the switch.

   "About what?" He asked before a perfectly timed notification ding went off inside him.

   "What Do You Think!?" You yelped.

   "That was your landlord telling you that rent is due," he explained.

    "Would you stop lying to me!?" You couldn't believe how difficult they were being.

   "But I wasn't lying that time!" He argued before he realized that he slipped up.

   "Ah HA!" You pointed at him in victory, getting your confession that Moon really was lying to you.

   "You can't make me tell you anything, Starlight." Now he was on the defensive.

   "I can turn the light on and ask Sunny instead. Maybe I can tickle it out of him." You threatened.

   "NO!" He insisted. You were actually quite surprised about how quickly he protested.

   "Then convince me not to." You were quite convincing.

   "I want more time with you..." Moon confessed shyly. "It's my turn..."

   You felt almost flattered, a blush came to your face just from how shy Moon was as he admitted that. As if it meant more than what was said. Both Sun and Moon were arguing with you over the lights. Both wanted to stay online... Of course that's probably just it. Staying online. That's all.

   Your phone went off with yet another ring of your notifications, and Moon seemed to stop. Perhaps he was processing the new message you received, perhaps he was trying to come up with another lie to get out of this situation without letting you turn the light on.

   "Who's..." Moon paused before speaking the name of your toxic ex who you saw earlier in the thrift store. "They haven't stopped texting you horrible names since you got back."

   "What are they saying?" You asked in a disheartened mutter as your stomach slowly sank in on itself. "Moondrop." you demanded to know, though Moon was hesitant.

   "They said that they saw you, and they said that you're a coward for hiding from them... and for the past 10 minutes they've been yelling at you for not replying to their messages..." Moon confessed. "And other things..."