Morning Sun

You woke up to the sound of loud shuffling outside your room. Cupboards opening and closing, plastic bags being moved, your garbage being opened and closed. You'd think that someone had broken into your home if you didn't clearly remember the events of last night with your new found "art project". Instinctively you reached to your bed side table to check the time on your phone until you felt it wasn't there and remembered that the Ai has it in their chest cavity. Fuck. You didn't want to keep your online friends waiting for your reply if they happened to text you last night. Not that they ever did normally.

   Hopping out of bed with the sole intention of getting your phone back through bribery of a new voice box, you locked your bedroom door before getting dressed. Feeling very conscious that there was essentially a stranger in your house made you nervous about getting changed without the door beginning locked. But once you were ready in a comfy hoodie, you dared to go see what the commotion was outside your room.

   The Ai's paint had changed colour since last night. You already knew that the paint changed based on lighting, but who you saw darting around your home was very different from the black and blue Ai you met last night. His paint was golden yellow and pale cream. Not just his paint, but his outfit changed as well, his sleeping cap was replaced by sun rays, and his fabric pants changed their pattern. He moved differently, he smiled brighter, his eyes were a soft glowing white as opposed to the sharp red eyes you saw last night. It seemed like the only thing unchanged was the bells and red ribbons that were tied around his wrists.

   You watched the Ai as they rolled around your low ceiling home carrying bags of trash and rags soaked in soap.

   He cleaned up. Looking around your humble abode, the dishes were clean, your clutter was tidied, and bags of trash were tied closed and set next to your door. You walked by the busy-body-bot as you looked around at all he had done, even your walls had been cleaned of its dust and greasy hand prints. The Ai didn't even seem to notice you as you went to the kitchen and started up a pot of coffee. Though as soon as your water started boiling, the Ai's head turned an inhuman one eighty right in your direction. Much like a cartoon owl. It made you freeze up as the both of you quite suddenly made eye contact.

   He dropped everything he was doing and darted to you. Instinctively you took more than a few steps back out of fear of being body slammed by the heavy hunk of metal, but he was much faster and when he got to you he scooped you into his arms in a tight hug and a bright smile.

   "Wow! Okay! Yes, hello..." you yelped as they hugged you without your feet touching the ground. He started talking, alot, though with his voice box still in its rough shape, none of what he was trying to say was comprehensible. "You can put me down now-" you smiled nervously as he carefully placed you back on your feet, he looked to you as he tried to communicate, pointing at all of the scratches and dents on his face and arms that you filled last night. "You're welcome?" you guessed that he was being appreciative for all the work you did on fixing him. They nodded to you happily, affirming that that was what they were trying to say, you couldn't help but smile back, feeling a little more proud of your work since the art project himself approved.

   He perked up as he remembered, he started pointing to his chest repeatedly. This time you were awake enough to realize he was specifically pointing at his voice box to remind you to get him a new one.

   "Can't I have coffee and breakfast first?" you asked as he started gently taking you to your front door and handing you your shoes and house keys. He made glitchy sounds as he once again tried to talk, though this time you couldn't even begin to guess what he was trying to say. "I don't even know what voice box to get you. Can I have my phone back to look it up?" you asked, hoping that this 'sunnier' Ai would be more gracious than the spooky one from last night. He thought about it for only a second before opening his chest cavity, your hope rose before immediately dying when he handed you his broken voice box and closed his chest cavity back up. He smiled at you before handing you the trash bags he made and gently pushed you out the door.

   Oh well, back to plan A; trading a new voice box for your phone back.