Sunnydrop

Finally you could meet, He introduced himself as Sundrop, and the spooky guy last night was Moondrop. It made sense based on their colour themes and over all designs. They were the Daycare Attendant at the former Pizza Plex, apparently.

   You were too old to go to the daycare when it was open, so it was no wonder you never saw them before. At least they seemed to be aware that the Pizza Plex was gone. You introduced yourself in return with a slightly nervous smile. He was rather energetic.

   "Now I can ask!! Do I have permission to scan you for my memory? It's just like taking a mental picture!" Sundrop smiled excitedly.

   "Um, sure!" You nodded before he scanned your face and body.

   "Now I'll always recognize you! Even in a crowd!" He explained happily before looking back around my empty home and remembering he's not exactly going to be looking for me in a crowded group so long as he stayed there. "Or wherever-" His rays seemed to droop a bit. You guessed that he likely missed the Daycare dearly.

   "Hey, what was it that you were making?" You attempted to cheer him up.

   "Oh! I made you breakfast! You said you were hungry earlier!" He took what he made and placed a generous stack of pancakes onto a plate. "It's the only thing I know how to make without being connected to the internet..." He explained to you with a smile.

   "This is great, Sun! Thank you." You smiled in return, "I can help get you back on the internet if you'd like." You were handed a knife and fork as you went to your now clear dining table, complete with butter and strawberry syrup on the table.

   You don't own butter and strawberry syrup.

   "Where did you get that?" You asked as you sat down with your breakfast.

   "Upstairs!" Sundrop answered simply as he joined you at the table. Your stomach dropped.

   "Sundrop! I don't live up there! This is a basement suite! This is my landlord's stuff!" You yelped with distress.

   "I thought it was weird for one house to have two kitchens..." Sun didn't seem too worried about it as he thought about the situation.

   "Sun. It's stealing. It's illegal...?" You tried spelling out what was wrong to them. He stared blankly for a moment before he seemed to get it.

   "Right! Stealing is very very bad!" He wagged his finger at himself, though they still didn't seem very remorseful. "I'm programmed to know these things so I can teach the kids not to steal... But..."

   "Sun..." You frowned at that 'but'.

   "Your landlord-"

   "Sun."

   "Won't-"

   "No!"

   "Notice if we just put it back??" He smiled nervously, putting his pointer fingers together as he watched you grow in disapproval of his plan.

   "Who Put You In Charge Of Impressionable Children?!" you yelled at him with shocked distress.

   "It's just a little food!" He defended with a shrug. "And the kids were the ones who taught me that stealing is okay if you don't steal all of the cookies and put the cookie jar back!... except with syrup and butter in this case-" Sun chuckled as he tilted his face plate. His face seemed to be able to spin on command, and his sun-rays moved expressly as he made different expressions.

   "Sunny..." not even one day of having this bot and they were already trying to get you evicted. You didn't notice the nickname you called him, but he sure did.

   "I promise I'll put it back and never steal again! Please just try it this one time!" He pouted with a pleading whimper as he clasped his hands together and looked at you with his large eyes.

   "Fine..." Somehow you caved to his begging.

   You spread a bit of butter on each pancake accordingly and poured on some strawberry syrup. It'd be the first time you'd ever had some, so a part of you was excited to try it at least. After you took a bite, your eyes shined with wonder, as if you were having pancakes for the first time all over again. Tasting a new way to have pancakes, from the new recipe that Sun used. From the soft butter, to the fancy syrup.

   "Thanks Sunny..." you begrudgingly thanked him as you avoided his eyes watching you eat.

   Sun vibrated with joy, beaming pride of his own cooking. He so rarely got to cook before, since the daycare didn't exactly have a kitchen of its own.

   "You're very welcome, Sunbeam!" He grinned at you, You noticed when he called you a nickname, "I'll take these back up stairs now." He took the butter dish and syrup.

   "Sunbeam?" you turned to him.

   "You keep calling me Sunny. That means I get to nickname you too!" They stuck their tongue out playfully. He has one of those?

   "I do?" Your face heated up as you realized you were nicknaming him.

   "And leave your plate! It's better if I clean it than if you leave it dirty in the sink!" He called out before jumping up the stairs to your landlord's part of the house.

   "He's a neat freak... Holy shit I should have gotten an Ai years ago!" you thought out loud under your breath as you sat back in your chair.

   For a neat freak, he didn't seem very bothered by his tattered clothes and patchy paint job. Maybe it was bothering him more than he was letting on? You were glad that you decided to splurge on getting that colour changing paint.

   You ate your pancakes happily, even if some of their contents were stolen, they were quite frankly too delicious to refuse. And before you knew it Sun was back downstairs ready to clean up. They took your plate and cutlery to the kitchen.

   "Sun?" you followed him to the kitchen.

   "Yes?" He turned to you like an owl as he continued cleaning. It was just as alarming as the first time he did that, though you were getting used to it.

   "Can I do more work on you?" for some reason the question felt like an intimate thing to ask, "I got new paint that should work for both you and Moon?"

   "Sounds great!" He grinned widely as he finished up.

   "Also, I should fix your clothes, I could sew you a new outfit or maybe we can find something in your size in the store." You added as you thought of all the repairs you wanted to do to get him looking brand new.

   "That sounds like so much fun! I love painting! And crafts! And stickers!" He gasped dramatically, "Can we use stickers please!? And Finger Painting!!" He bounced with excitement.

   "Maybe if you want, heh!" You smiled at his enthusiasm. "Can I take your clothes so I can make a pattern for your new ones?" You asked. Sun suddenly stopped.

   "My clothes!?" His paint turned pink on his face plate.

   "I'll get you new ones..." You blushed at his reaction, as he seemed to get embarrassed about the idea of giving you his shredded clothes. "How about this, you can wear something of mine until I can get you new clothes." You didn't want him to be uncomfortable if he really was embarrassed about being naked.

   "Mhh, Fine." He agreed. You took him to your room and showed him where all your clothes were before leaving him to get dressed himself.