Chapter 3:

Once inside she stripped off her coat and headed into the bedroom where she changed out of her date clothes and into her comfy clothes. Grabbing her book off the nightstand she headed to the couch. Grabbing her blanket off the back, she sat down and prepared to get lost in her book before her phone lit up with a buzz. Setting down the book she grabbed her phone off the stand and opened up her messages, figuring it was a message from Sarah asking how her date had gone. But to her surprise it wasn't, instead it was from a number she had never seen before.

"Hey." The message had read.

"Uhm, hey? Who is this?" she replied.

"Sorry, it's Damon. Sarah sent me your number after our date."

"Oh, okay! Sorry, I didn't think to ask for your number when you dropped me off." She replied with a smile.

"It's fine. I didn't think about either. Sarah pretty much called me a dumb ass for forgetting to ask lol Anyways, what are you up to right now pretty girl?"

She couldn't help but laugh, that definitely sounded like Sarah. The girl had a mouth on her, that's for sure. She cussed more than anyone she had ever met.

"Yeah, I'm surprised she hasn't blown my phone up yet or stopped by to drill me on the date. I'm just sitting here on the couch, was about to start my new book."

"Sounds like a relaxing evening. Wish I had more time to relax, I'm always busy planning or working on extending the pack."

"Pack?"

"Yeah, the uhm village area for my people. We call it a pack, where there is so many of us."

"I guess that makes sense. Kinda like a pack of wolves lol" She replied as she thought about how it was weird to refer to it that way.

"But I got to go get some work done. Now that we have each other's numbers, you can call or text me anytime! If I'm busy, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. Later beautiful." And with that her phone went silent. She wondered about what he did that kept him so busy. She supposed expanding the village and adding more houses would take a lot of time. With that thought, she went back to her book.

As the sun went down, Lucinda closed her book. Not realizing how long she had been sitting there. She looked over at the clock to see it was almost 9 at night.

"Damn, its too late to cook anything now. Maybe I'll just find something to snack on and call it a night." She said to herself as she headed to the kitchen to grab a apple and yogurt. She paused halfway there when she heard a loud howling sound outside her kitchen window.

That's weird she thought to herself. Out of all the time she had been living here she had never heard one so close. Looking out the window she scanned the tree line, trying to see if she could see it. Right there, directly behind the bird feeder, she seen 2 glowing blue eyes peering through the shadows. Her heart skipped a beat, and she froze, unable to look away. There was something so familiar and beautiful about them. She should be terrified, wolves in this area were said to be as big as a bear, but instead all she felt was wonder. With a blink of her eyes, it disappeared making her wonder if it was ever there in the first place. She shook her head grabbed her food and headed off to bed. Tonight, she didn't feel lonely, instead she felt the same buzzing feeling she had felt when Damon had kissed her. With that warmth spreading through her, she fell fast asleep, thinking about him and the feel of his lips on her.

She awoke to the sound of her alarm going off. Smacking the clock, she threw back the blankets and shivered. Why was it so cold in here? The house was warm and toasty last night when she had gone to bed, and she didn't remember turning the heat off.