Chapter 10:

They both nodded before they all walked into the portal and out the other side, it disappearing behind them. Lucinda looked back in time to see the light disappear and a tall beautiful woman with white hair appear in front of her. She couldn't help but stare. The woman was breath takingly gorgeous, with skin white as snow, and bright purple eyes. She smiled at them but her eyes settled on Sarah who stood to the side of them. She gave her a small loving smile.

"Sarah, its so good to see you again." Sabine said softly. Her voice, as beautiful as a sirens song.

You could see the hurt and love in Sarah's eyes as she looked at Sabine. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped and instead gave a nod.

"Thank you for seeing us on such short notice. We know how busy you are and really appreciate you taking the time." Damon said with a smile, reaching out his hand to shake hers.

"Oh, it's not a problem at all. I haven't seen you 2 in a while, it's really nice. I've missed you both. You must be Lucinda, or do you go by Luce?" she replied with a big smile looking straight into her eyes.

"Its Lucinda, but you can call me Luce if you want. Thank you again for doing this, I wish I could be more help." She said as she reached out and shook her hand, giving her a small smile when she pulled away.

"You're very welcome. Now, I must warn you this is not going to be easy. It's going to hurt and Damon you are going to feel a lot of it where you are mates. You won't feel it all, but you will feel most of it. I wish there was an easier way to do this that didn't cause either of you any pain, but with magic there is a give and take. We have 1 hour before the moon reaches its peak; everything is already set up. I just need you to follow me so I can get you ready." She said reaching out and grabbing Lucinda's hand and pulling her down the pathway to the small circular opening. In the middle there was a circle of rocks with a giant rectangle shaped stone in the middle big enough for a body. Fire torches lined the circle and pathway. Sabine led her over to the rectangle stone where there was a stone bowl full of a dark red liquid.

"Okay, I need you to get up here and lay on your back. Relax there's nothing to be afraid of. When youre ready I need you to give me your finger. I will make a small cut, I need your blood in order for the spell to work." She said as she helped her onto the stone.

Grabbing the dagger from her sheath, the quickly slid it across Luce's finger, earning a hiss from her, before grabbing her finger and squeezing the blood so it dropped into the bowl. Once done she began mixing the liquid, causing it to smoke and create a light red color. Dipping both pointer fingers and thumbs into the bowl, she used her thumb to draw a triangle on luce's forehead. Motioning for her to lay down, she walked to where she was standing above her head, and pressed her red tinged fingers to luces temples.

Luce screamed out as a burning pain shot through her temples into her head. She felt like her brain was melting. She continued to scream as Sabine pressed her fingers harder into her temples. The pain was unbearable, like pouring hot lava into her skull. Luce screamed out louder as a shocking pain shot through her body, her eyes rolling back in her head, she remained there screaming as Sabine attempted to break the barrier of the spell keeping her from seeing into her mind.

Sarah watched as Damon dropped to his knees gripping his head tightly and shaking. He wasn't screaming like Luce was but he was growling and grunting, sweat rolling off his face. Looking back up to Sabine, sarah watched as her eyebrows furrowed together, she could see her struggling, when her body started to sway Sarah ran to her and caught her before she hit the ground. Holding Sabine's limp form, she wiped the sweat off her forehead, ensuring she was still breathing.

Damon looked up to see Luce, laying there not moving, no sound coming from her anymore. She looked as if she was sleeping peacefully, her features soft, face soaked in sweat and tears. He took his hand and rubbed it across her right cheek. Whatever Sabine did, it knocked her out cold. He looked over to Sarah who was holding Sabine in her arms. Both of them sharing a look, unsure if it had worked or not.

Sabine's eyes flittered open slowly. She looked up seeing Sarah holding her with worry in her eyes. She gave her a small reassuring smile then looked over to Luce who was still unconscious.

"Did it work? Did you see anything?" Damon looked towards her but keeping his hands on his mate.

"No, I didn't see anything. I didn't get a chance to look, I spent the entire time trying to break through the spells on her. I managed to break through, but whoever cast them was more powerful than anyone I have ever known. It shouldn't have been that hard to break through, and whoever cast them did not want anyone knowing who they are or who she is. I'm sorry, it took too much out of me. The moon served its purpose, I was able to break through. So now all I have to do, is get inside and see what happened." She said as she pushed herself up from the ground. Standing on shaky legs, she slowly moved back over to Luce.

She didn't know anyone powerful enough to do this. This wasn't your basic binding spell, not even your basic protection spell. Whoever did this had more power than imaginable, but why use it to hide her and anything about her? It didn't make sense. She sensed something off about her, magic and power that should not be there, but it had to be connected to whoever did this?

"No, you are too weak to do it right now. We can try again tomorrow. You need to rest." Sarah said holding her up for support. Sabine could barely stand she was so weak. It took a lot more out of her than she realized. She turned towards Sarah and gave her a slight nod.

"She's right. You need your rest and so does my mate. We can try again tomorrow night once you both have rested." Damon said picking luce up in his arms and carrying her towards the cottage peaking out from the trees.