Chapter 11:

Once there Sabine unlocked the door and ushered everyone inside. There was a pot of soup over the fire and fresh baked rolls on the table. Her mate Tara was busy making plates while Damon sat down on the couch with luce still in his arms.

She shouldn't be out much longer Sabine thought to herself. Once she was awake, she would give her the bad news and make sure she got her energy back. She would need it for tomorrow night when they tried again. She couldn't help thinking about the spells. She could not come up with an answer as to who would wield such power. It didn't make sense. There was more to this than any of them thought, and tomorrow they would hopefully find the answers.

Luce stirred in her sleep, making everyone in the room stop talking. She blinked slowly trying to adjust her eyes. Looking around she noticed that everyone was looking at her, she slowly stood up and dusted herself off.

"Did it work?" she mumbled as she looked around the room. Her throat was dry and scratchy. She cleared her throat and waited for someone to answer. Judging by the looks on everyone's faces, it wasn't good news.

"We didn't, not completely. She was able to break through the spells but it took so much out of her that she collapsed before she could start looking around. We are going to try again tomorrow if you're up for it." Damon replied as he reached for her hand and gave her a gentle squeeze.

She looked around the room, everyone awaiting her answer. Honestly, she was unsure if she wanted to go through that again. The pain was so intense, she didn't know if her body could handle it again. As she went back and forth in her mind she came to a decision.

"Let's do it. I just have one question, the pain, is it going to be like before? I just need to know what to expect." She said nervously.

"No, it won't be nearly as bad. It was only like that this time because whoever put the spells on you was so powerful, I had some issues trying to get through. It took more power than I thought. This time it won't be nearly as bad, it will still be painful I'm not going to lie, but manageable." Sabine replied while her mate wrapped her arms around her from behind and buried her face in her neck.

"Will you be, okay? I don't want something to happen to you because of me. I would never forgive myself." Luce said as she shifted on her feet uncomfortably.

Sabine gave her a small smile of reassurance and nodded her head. Luce let out a sigh of relief. She could do this, she just had to keep telling herself that. This was the only way to find out the truth.

"You need to eat and get some rest. You'll need your strength for tomorrow. I'll try to be as quick and gentle as I can. With any luck, you'll have your answers by the end of the night." Sabine said as she slid a bowl of soup and a roll across the table towards her.

Luce grabbed the bowl and scarfed it down quickly, not realizing how hungry she was. She went for another bowl while everyone said their goodnights and headed to bed, except for Damon who came to stand beside her. Rubbing her shoulders gently, she leaned her head back to look at him. He was so good to her, so loving and gentle. She was falling for him, and she knew it. All the little things he did for her, made her fall for him more every day. It terrified her but at the same time, she knew this is where she was meant to be. Every cell in her body screamed for her to claim him as hers. She didn't know what that meant but her wolf wouldn't stop whispering it in her mind.

"Are you sure you are okay to do this again tomorrow? I don't want you to do too much and wear your body down." Damon whispered in her ear.

"I can do this. I have to do this. I need to know. I do have a question though, what does it mean to claim someone?" She asked while looking up at him after pushing her bowl aside.

"To claim someone is to mark them as yours. It is permanent and will bound you and your mate together forever. It happens during sex when you complete the mating bond." He said as he traced the side of her neck right above her collarbone with his fingertips, causing chills to erupt, making her shiver. "Right here, this where I would mark you as mine forever. To mark you I would have to bite you with my canines, it will leave a tattoo scar, just as your mark on me would. It doesn't hurt, its supposed to be euphoric."

Her body trembled every time his finger would graze the skin there. A need unlike any other came over her and she had to close her eyes and fight the urge to kiss him. Her wolf was practically begging her to take him here and now, to let him mark her and complete their bond. She wasn't ready though, not yet.

He pulled away seeing the hesitancy in her eyes. His wolf whimpered a little before disappearing into the back of his mind. He sighed and pulled his thoughts together. He promised her he would wait for as long as she needed, and he was going to keep that promise. No matter how much it was killing him.

"I feel it too. The urge, the need. Its always there, but there is no rush love. It will happen when you're ready." He said kissing her forehead and pulling her to him in a warm embrace. Her body was so small, she fit perfectly against his side. Every day he thanked the moon goddess for giving him a mate so beautiful and strong.

Grabbing his hand she lead him to their room forthe night. Closing the door behind them they climbed into the bed where hepulled her to his chest and fell asleep with her scent surrounding him.