Chapter 9:

She looked at him with wide eyes. She couldn't be his mate, she just met him. She didn't even fully understand what it meant to be a shifter, let alone a mate. She didn't even know who she was, didn't understand it. This was all too much to take in. Too many changes. She needed time to process everything, to think about what it all meant. She knew in her bones that there was something between them, she felt it the first time they kissed. Felt something awaken in her when his lips touched hers. But that didn't mean that she was ready to accept something she knew nothing about. She needed answers first. She needed to know who she was, where she came from, and why it was all happening now.

"I can't. Not yet, not until I know." She said looking at him and seeing something break in his eyes. His smile fell, and in his eyes the warmth left, replaced by a storm of sadness.

"I understand. Just know that I am not going anywhere, no matter how long it takes. I have loved you from the moment I laid my eyes on you. That will not change." He said while grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles.

"I feel for you. I won't lie and say that I don't feel something because I do. I always have, but I can't promise you anything until I know." She said as she squeezed his hand.

"Okay, let's call Sarah." He said as he walked over to the night stand and grabbed his cell phone.

About a hour later as they were finishing their meal, Sarah came storming though the door. Damon had explained everything to her on the phone, so she wasn't left out of the loop. She didn't seem as surprised that Luce turned out to be a shifter like them, she knew something was different about her and noticed it more after she had set Damon and her up.

"What is this about contacting Sabine? How could you ask me to do this Damon?! After everything I went through, after how badly she broke me?!" Sarah yelled.

"I know, I know what happened, but you can't be mad at Sabine for it. You both knew that you had mates out there, it isn't her fault that she met hers. You both knew it would happen eventually. I know how much you loved each other but you also know what it means to have a mate. No matter how much she loved you, she wouldn't be able to the bond." Damon said sympathetically. The mate bond was too powerful to deny. There had been only a handful of times where the bond was rejected and in those instances, they hadn't lived long after.

"I know... I know what it means, but it doesn't make it any easier for me. She found her mate, so she didn't haver to suffer through the pain of breaking what we had. I didn't, so I had to feel it enough for both of us." She said sadly, a tear rolling down her cheek, before she quickly wiped it off.

"I know, and I wouldn't ask but we need to speak with her about Sarah. She is the only one who can help us, who can see the past and give us answers about Sarah's. We need her." He almost pleaded. This was their only chance of finding out the truth. As much as he hated seeing his friend and beta in pain, they had no other choice.

Sarah looked at Luce and gave her a small smile then looked to Damon and shook her head. She would do anything for her Alpha and future Luna.

"Okay, I'll do it. I'll call her, but I can't promise she will be willing to help. I haven't spoken with her since we split up and I said some things I shouldn't have said." She said as she grabbed her phone and dialed Sabines number. Part of her hoping she wouldn't answer, while the other part couldn't wait to hear her voice again after all this time.

Damon and Lucinda went to the other room to give Sarah some privacy while she spoke with Sabine. Both hoping that she would be willing to help. Damon knowing that his future with Luce depended on it. A hour later Sarah came walking into the room, looking less angry than she did when she arrived.

"Okay, she agreed to help but we have to go to her and we have to go tonight. Tomorrow is the full moon, and she has to use it to perform a ritual to be able to break the other witches spell incase there is more than just the binding spell that kept her wolf side hidden." She said putting her cellphone back into her pocket. This wasn't going to be fun for any of them. Sabine was a powerful witch and going into someone's past meant going into their mind which meant complete hell for the one she was doing it on. Luce would be in agonizing pain until the ritual was complete. Seeing her like that would take a toll on Damon as well seeing as they are bonded, he would feel Luce's pain.

"Okay, where are we going?" Lucinda asked to her friend for guidance.

"Bermuda Triangle. On the Brightside, we don't actually have to travel very far. Sabine is going to send a portal that we can go through, that will take us straight to her. So be prepared. It should be here anytime now." As sarah finished her sentence a large purple light appeared infront of them, growing bigger until it was big enough for them to walk into.

"Will it hurt?" Lucinda said out loud for both of them to hear.

"No, you might feel a little dizzy when we land but it only lasts for a few seconds. Ready?" Sarah said giving them both a look that said she was only doing this for them.