Chapter 13:

Luce woke up to find herself alone. She looked around trying to find someone, anyone but it was just her. Getting up off the alter she started walking in a random direction, shouting out hoping someone would hear her. Where was everyone? Where was she? The path that was once lit had disappeared along with the cottage, as if it was never there.

"Hello! Is anyone there!" she yelled. Spinning in a circle as she did to see if anyone was around her anywhere.

She picked a direction and started walking, hoping she would eventually run into someone that could help her. In the distance, she heard the sound of a waterfall. 'That's weird' she thought to herself. She didn't hear anything earlier or last night when she was here.

After fighting through thick plants, bushes and tree limbs she finally came to an opening. Walking through she found herself looking at the tallest waterfall she had ever seen. It was so tall you couldn't see the top, like the water was coming from the sky. She looked around at the beautiful crystal blue lake that it emptied into. The lake was the size of a pond, surrounded by the beautiful forest on all side. One big boulder sat in the middle of the water, peaking out just enough to see the top of it. The smell of honeysuckle and lavender filled the air, taking over her senses. She inhaled deeply and let it out slowly, taking in all the beauty.

Looking back to the waterfall, a woman walked out from under it. She wore a beautiful purple silk gown, like the ones the Greeks wore. Her golden curly locks running down her back and floating on the water behind her like a bride's veil would. She slowly walked towards her smiling as she did. The closer she got the more her features came into view, she had the same bright purple eyes as her, her body thin but curving in all the right places a woman should.

"Hello Lucinda." She said in a voice so beautiful, it was like angels singing.

"Hello, uhm do I know you?" Luce replied while walking closer.

Once on the shore, the woman pulled her hair around her waist and squeezed the water out of it before giving luce a warm smile that made her chest feel funny. There was something about this woman that seemed familiar, but she couldn't figure out how or where.

"Not like I wish you did, but I do know you. My beautiful white wolf. I am sorry I had to do this to you, but it was the only way. Your friend Sabine is quite the powerful witch isn't she." she said with a giggle.

"So it was you? You did this to me?" Luce said angrily, folding her arms across her chest.

"Yes, it was me but it was for your own good my child. I had to protect you, until he found you."

"Protect me from what? My child?" she said with a confused look. She didn't understand what was going on. Who was this woman?

"I can see you're confused. We don't have much time before you wake, so I can only explain so much. You are my daughter and I am Celeste, more known as the moon goddess. You grew up to be such a beautiful woman, as I knew you would. Ive tried my best to watch over you over the years." She replied, as she took a seat on the rock behind her.

"You're my mother? No, I had a mother, she died to alcohol abuse."

"She was your human mother, I sent you to her when you were first born. It wasn't safe for you with me, I had to keep you hidden until he found you. He will protect you." She said with a loving smile, reaching her hand out to grab Luce's.

Luce took a seat beside her and looked at her. It wasn't possible. She wasn't the daughter of a goddess. There was nothing special about her. And who did she need protecting from? As she looked closer at her she started to see the resemblance, they shared some of the same facial features, their eyes were the same color and shape, both their lips full with a beauty mark on the right side just above their lip. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, what she as seeing. How was this possible?

"Who do I need protecting from? I don't understand." She asked her supposed mother.

"From those who will seek you to destroy others and claim your power as their own. You my daughter are the white wolf. The only one to ever exist. You hold more power than you can imagine, and if the wrong pack was to get you they could use you to bring chaos to the world. Damon your mate, is the only one who can protect you. He is the only black wolf, and the most powerful alpha. That's why I sent him to you."

"But i don't understand. I don't have any powers. I just found out I was a shifter. How could you hide that from me? My whole life, I never felt like I belonged and now I know why." She said frustrated that her life had been a lie, that everything she thought she knew wasn't true.

"I had to do it to keep you safe. I made it to where your wolf wouldn't show until your mate came around. It was the best way to protect you. I know your life wasn't easy and it wasn't right to hide your true self from you but I had no choice. The spell will be broken when you awake, your true form will show, the white wolf" She said sadly, grabbing her hand and holding it.

"What happens now? What do I do?" she asked, unsure of what the future had in store for her, and if the danger would be coming now that she knew the truth.

"You will go back to your mate. You must complete the bond, I cannot explain what will happen, it is your future and I cannot change it. But you must be ready for anything. I love you my child. It is time." She pulled Luce in for a hug, squeezing her tightly before kissing her cheek.