Chapter 6:

"Hey, are we still on for tomorrow or would you like to cancel?" she wasn't sure if he was still interested after the way she acted but it wouldn't hurt to figure it out.

"Of course, wouldn't dream of missing it. Anything special you want to do?" he replied.

"How about a movie night? I can come over there, or you can come over here and I'll cook dinner for us?" she replied with a smile. The thought of him holding her set her skin on fire and a weird throbbing started between her legs.

"I can come over there. You need me to bring anything?"

"Just yourself! Maybe beer?"

"Okay, sounds good! See you tomorrow sunshine."

"See you then handsome" she replied with a kiss emoji. She didn't know what to expect but she knew whatever happened it was going to be great because she would be with him.

After replying to him, she set her phone on charge and cleaned up the house so it would be ready for tomorrow. She didn't work tomorrow so that gave her time to run to the grocery store in the morning after her morning run and have everything she needed for dinner. She already had a bookshelf of DVD's of all genres that he could pick from, her two blankets were already folded on the back of the couch. Everything was pretty much ready for tomorrow except dinner.

After finishing dishes, she walked over to the kitchen window and there she saw the piercing blue eyes watching her from the tree line. She couldn't help but smile, he was back. They stayed that way, starring at each other before he backed away into the darkness. She gave him a smile and headed to her room to throw on her leggings and sweat shirt, deciding to go for a late night run like she to clear her head like she used to before the incident.

Throwing her hair up into a ponytail, she grabbed her earmuffs and headed out the door. She took off down her road, heading towards the dirt trail that led to her giant oak tree. She wasn't sure if it was where it had been a few days since she had a late-night run or what, but it felt different. She felt free. She picked up speed, feeling the ground beneath her feet. A loud growl and the bushes made her faulter and she turned to see where the sound came from. There right behind her was a huge brown wolf with red eyes chasing her, it looked starved, you could see every bone in its body, but that didn't stop it from picking up speed.

Out of nowhere she got a energy rush and took off running faster than she ever had. A voice in her head telling her to keep moving and not to stop. She spotted her great oak in the distance, she just had to get there. Once there she could climb it and get away from him, she looked behind her to see the wolf right on her ankles, as it lunged forward at her she lost her footing and fell. The wolf landing on top of her, it bit down on her calf, and she let out a blood curling scream. Her body started to burn all over, and she felt her bones breaking. The pain was unbearable, she didn't understand what was happening.

The wolf still jerking her leg around, she looked towards her hands where her bones had popped and seen it was at a weird angle, she screamed as she watched it snap back the other way before morphing into a paw. She looked up in time to see blue eyes racing towards her, before everything went dark.

When she awoke, she was in a strange room, the walls were painted red and black. The bed she was on was much bigger than hers, with black silk sheets. She looked around the room and noticed Damon asleep in the chair beside her. His handsome features taking her breath away as the morning light shined on him. She couldn't resist the urge to reach out and caress his cheek. When her hand touched his skin, tingles shot up through her arm and through her body, he gave a slight moaning sound before opening his eyes and looking at her.