𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 21

"𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The silence of the room was disturbed by a phone call.

The lady with h/c picked up her phone from the table while the other hand held a file she was going through.

"Hello? Kunikida-san what is it?" She asked while signaling the person present with her to leave which the person did so hesitantly.

"About the case you are currently on, are perhaps done?" Ask the caller whose name is none other than Kunikida as you let out a sigh.

"Well, I arrived three or four hours or so... Did something occur?"

"That lad got kidnapped"

"Atsushi-san? How? Is Izumi-chan alright?"

"She was taken with them... By the port mafia"

A visible frown was present on your lips as you kept the file on the table as you stood up from your chair.

"Is it an emergency? I would come back from the case as soon as I can the"

"It's fine, Y/n we will handle it here and be careful," said another voice as you recognized whose.

"B-but Fukuzawa-sensei... Atsushi-san is a member of the agency and I will be disheartened if I cannot be of any help" you said while pacing around the room.

"We are already on a search for him... And the case you handling is important too" said Fukuzawa as you frowned to yourself yet, hummed a yes that you would do the case as early as possible and then help them.

The phone cut as you let out a sigh, your eyes flickered onto your hand where the black string laced onto your finger (I forgot which finger? Is it ring? Little finger? Did I even mention it?)

The dark color seeped an agonizing feeling into your mind as you couldn't help but frown more.

'I should focus on the case... But the string Won't let me... huh?' You thought to yourself as your mood was already dampened a while more likely an hour earlier as your heart clenched into a worried feeling you could not express... More likely you are worried about Atsushi but the string of fate makes you feel an undescribable worriedness in your mind.

'Even if he has a black string in no way I should have a soulmate... Even if I don't know my soulmate... Exactly but even if he is dead... He is still my soulmate... But why does Atsuhi have it... Why did Oda not how did Oda give his string to Dazai... What game is fate playing with me... Instead, is it even fate? The more I think I felt this string is just... An ability to mess with the feeling of love... And...' You stop your trail of thoughts as you take a deep breath in and out.