Chapter 3: Learning of the Future

With John

John was at his desk working on paperwork.

Joe walks over and says "John. I wanted to apologize for the other day."

John says "That was a week ago, Joe. I also wanted to let you know... Barry told Wally that he needed to leave."

Joe says "Yeah, that happened. He saw Savitar."

John sighs and says "Damn it. Now, I just keep blaming myself for Savitar."

Joe says "It's not your fault, kid. You didn't know. Or at least Future you didn't know."

John groans and says "I hate time travel rules."

Joe chuckles and says "You and me both, kid."

Hours Later

At STAR Labs

In the Speed Lab

John had entered.

He saw Julian as he said, "Because we had to be. Only one of us could live. You thought Thawne and Zoom were your biggest foes, but... But it's me. It's always been me, Barry."

John asks "What the hell are you guys doing?"

They turn and see John.

Joe says "I thought you were at the Station."

John says "I was. I came to see what the progress was.

Julian looks at him and says "Hello... John."

John then realized that wasn't Julian.

John says "Savitar? How?"

Savitar smiles and says "This connected to Julian's mind allows me to talk to these fools. I know how much you hate them for hurting you last week."

John says "Just cause I hate them for that doesn't mean I want Iris dead. John."

Savitar chuckles and says "Looks like you figured it out. Yes, I am, you. Your time remnant."

John takes out his gun puts it against his head and asks "So what happens if I kill myself? Right here? Then you would never be born, 'cause I'm not a speedster."

Joe yells "John! No!"

John says "It's fine. If I have to die, I'll gladly do it."

Savitar says "Do you think I'd really let you die? John?"

John says "You can't stop me. You're still trapped where you belong."

Savitar chuckles and says "So you do know that I am trapped. Too bad you can't save Iris. We both know how much you have cared for her since you met her. Since I am... you."

John says "If this is the way to save Iris, I will. I won't let you hurt any more innocent people with my face."

Barry says "John. Put the gun down. We're just talking with him."

John sighs and closes his eyes.

He slowly started to pull and Barry stopped him by speeding over.

Barry says "Don't. We can't find another way."

John asks "What other way, Barry? He'll just keep coming back. I want to know what we ever do to you?"

Savitar yells "You took everything from me! I never asked for any of this, Joe. I am only this way because of you. All of you."

John puts his gun in his holster and asks "When do we meet?"

Savitar says "Not long now. You're there when I become who I am."

John says "You're saying I caused you to get your speed? I created you?"

Savitar shakes his head and says "Oh, no, I created myself, John. Only I can bring out my greatness."

John says "Your greatness! Well, you're still trapped, wherever you are, and I don't know how you're gonna escape."

Barry says "We mean, we got rid of the Philosopher's Stone."

Savitar asks "Did we? I am closer to my freedom than I have ever been. Every step, every move that you make, it only brings me nearer to it. I only need one more thing."

Iris says "Man, do you love to hear yourself talk! John doesn't even talk that much."

Savitar says "That's because he is a broken man that fell in love with you."

Everyone looked at John.

Savitar says "Iris, trying to show that you're not afraid, but I know you are. I'm sorry that you have to die, but it's you or me."

John says "I'm sorry, Savitar. But it's you, not her."

Savitar smiles and says "How long do you think you can be in love with her? I wonder what would happen to you when I kill her. No matter what happens, no matter what you change about the feeble future, it happens because I am the Future Flash."

Savitar saw Barry moving to turn off the device and said, "Barry, you and John have suffered worse than anyone. You two have endured pain your whole lives. Your mothers. Your fathers. Trust me, you two will never get over this."

John says "We will stop you. Cause I won't let you hurt her."

Barry then turned off the device and Julian had control.

He sat down to get his bearings.

John then went to sit down at the stairs at the platform.

John brushed his hair back with his hand.

Joe walked over and asked, "So... your in love with Iris?"

John says "I don't want to talk about it, Joe."

Joe asks "Why not? I see how much you care for her."

John says "Cause she's with Barry. That's why, I'm moving on."

Joe smiles and says "It's nice to know you think my daughter is date-worthy."

John says "You're gonna tease me, aren't you?"

Joe says "No. But the others might."

John says "Great. I'm gonna go."

He gets up and Barry says "John, can I talk to you?"

John nods.

They leave and Barry leads him to the hallway.

Then he puts his hand on the wall and a secret passage opens.

Barry says "This is the Time vault."

Barry walks over to the console at the end and swipes his hand over the top.

Then a hologram appeared.

It showed a newspaper.

'Flash Vanishes During Crisis'.

Barry says "Gideon, bring up a newspaper of Iris West's."

Gideon says "Of course." and she brought up a different newspaper.

Barry sees the by-line and says "The by-line's changed."

John saw the name and said, "Iris West-Waters? I never figured her for one that hyphenated."

Barry chuckles and says "Well, I have a feeling soon. She'll break up with me. Permanently."

John says "Barry, I never meant for any of this to happen."

Barry nods and says "I know."

John says "I'm gonna go."

Barry nods and John leaves as Barry looks at the newspaper.