Chapter 2

"Hey, Kara!" Thomas yells upon entering the station, "Where are you?"

"I'm in my office!" Kara yells back.

Thomas guides Ellie to Kara's office. They sit down on the couch before Thomas begins to talk again. "We know what we're hunting or at least we're pretty sure."

"Really?" Kara responds, "What is it?"

"The Unseelie Court," Ellie answers softly, "they're notorious for kidnapping and killing humans, as well as causing other problems. They also leave marks whenever they kidnap or kill someone."

"Oh, this is a lot worse than I thought it would be."

"Yes, judging by that mark that you sent Thomas, I think we're dealing with the Dusk Unseelie Court."

"There's more than one?"

"Yeah, they're identifiable by the marks they leave."

"How are you going to stop them?"

"Iron, lots and lots of iron."

"Ellie, you really should still be resting. Your cough hasn't gone away completely and you just got out of the hospital."

"Julia said that I can go on hunts, if Julia says it's okay, then it's okay."

"Alright, you better not complain when you end up injured."

"I won't."

"Yes, you will don't lie, just try and be safe, okay?"

"Okay, I'll try. Come on, Thomas." She leaves Kara's office.

"I'll try my best to keep her safe," Thomas says before leaving.

"I know," Kara says softly once he's left the room, "you always have."

Thomas is usually quiet while driving to the Fallen Forest. Ellie sighs, "I don't want to do this," she states.

"Stay home then!" Thomas exclaims.

"No, that's worse than going back to the Fallen Forest."

"How is that worse?"

"I'll end up worrying about you the entire time."

Thomas sighs. "Yes, I suppose that would end up being worse. Come on, let's get this over with as quickly as possible." He leaves the car and grabs his backpack from the backseat. Ellie does the same.

"Hey, Thomas?" she asks, "Do you know where you're going?"

"Sort of, I'm pretty sure this is close to where we accidentally entered the Seelie Court."

"Hmm, yes, talking to the Seelie queen might help us locate the Dusk court. Hopefully, she doesn't think we're trying to trick her like last time."

Thomas leads them further into the Fallen Forest. Eventually, they manage to find the entrance to the Seelie Court. "Ladies first?" Thomas asks. Ellie pushes him into the entrance and follows him afterwards. "What was that for?" he mumbles once they're inside the Fae's territory.

"Don't ask stupid questions and stuff like that won't happen."

"What do you want with the fae, human?" one of the guards asks.

Thomas begins to speak, "We..."

Ellie swiftly kicks him in the shin and says, "We would like to speak with the Seelie Queen. There's some information we would like to ask her about."

"Follow me," the fae guard says. He leads them to a room and tells them to stay put.

"That went better than I thought it would," Ellie says.