Chapter 7

A couple days later, Thomas and Matt are called to hunt something by Kara. While they are gone, Ellie begins to stress out about Thomas being gone. "Ellie," Marie says gently, "he'll be okay."

"You don't know that!" Ellie shouts.

"Ellie, you need to try and stay calm. You're going to make yourself ill again."

"S...sorry, I'll try. You know I can't help it."

"Rest, and try not to think about it."

Ellie curls into a ball on the couch and falls into an uneasy sleep. While she's sleeping, Marie goes around the penthouse during chores. A few hours later, her mother reminds her, "Marie, when was the last time you checked on Ellie?"

"A few hours ago," Marie answers, "should I go and check on her?"

"I'll go," her mother responds. She walks into the living room, where Ellie is murmuring in her sleep. "Sweetheart," Ms. Garcia says gently shaking Ellie, "sweetheart, wake up you're dreaming."

Ellie's eyes open and she looks around the room, looking scared. "M...Ms. G...Garcia?" she whispers, "W...where's Thomas?"

"He isn't home yet, sweetheart."

"I d...don't feel good."

Ms. Garcia reaches out and touches her forehead. She lets out a sigh. "Of course, you don't feel well, you're burning up. Marie! Come here!"

Marie comes sprinting into the room. "What is it, mom?" she asks.

Her mother points to Ellie and says, "I need to take her to the hospital. She's burning up right now."

"What? She's been resting all day though!"

"It might be because Thomas has been gone all day. You know how she worries about him when he's away."

"Of course. Go and take her to the hospital. I'll watch the kids. Text Thomas once you get her to the hospital."

"I will." Ms. Garcia carefully picks up Ellie and carries her down to the parking lot. Once Ellie is settled in the back of Ms. Garcia's car, they head off in the direction of the hospital.