7

Wei Ying has been in bed resting since he was beaten by Shirong. He was able to wake up and move around but he still felt dizzy and disoriented from the head injury. It has been about three days so he had a lot of healing to do yet. Lan Wangji had not left his side once. Lan Xichen would have someone bring them food and Wei Ying's medicine. He was worried about Wangji just because he hasn't seen him like this in a long time. Lan Xichen didn't like seeing his brother in pain. Wei Ying was also the same way, as he didn't like that he was hurt, especially by someone within his own sect.

Wei Ying was now getting a fever as his body was being to fight off infections. Lan Wangji grew more worried as he saw that Wei Ying was getting warmer. Wangji ended up carrying Wei Ying back to the infirmary to have Healer Mei take another look at him.

"Are you able to send him some spiritual energy?" Healer Mei asked, "it will help soothe his pain for a bit. He doesn't need much, I'll let you know when it's enough."

Wangji nodded and didn't even hesitate. He placed two fingers on Wei Ying's temple and started to send some energy to him. Healer Mei stopped him when he had enough.

"Can you do this once every morning when he wakes and once every night before bed?" She asked, "it should help him heal better from his injuries. It will reduce his fever and help reduce the pain. The amount you gave him is enough each time. Do this for at least a week and I will stop over to the Jingshi to check on him."

Wangji agreed and took Wei Ying back to the Jingshi. Wei Ying woke up shortly after returning. He didn't have the strength to want to sit up. Wangji had food prepared for him and asked if he could sit up long enough to eat. Wei Ying nodded. Wangji ended up feeding him though as Wei Ying was too weak and tired to do it himself.

"Zhan-ge?" He asked, "why did he hurt me?"

"He is mean and will not hurt you again," Wangji assured him, "he felt you were not doing well but he was wrong. You are still learning and do not deserve to be treated like that."

"Do I have to keep going to classes?" He asked, "the others make me uncomfortable."

"You do not have to," Wangji said, "I will teach you from now on. I want you to recover first though. Once you recover, how would you like to do some traveling?"

"Really, like where?" He asked.

"We can go anywhere," Wangji replied, "I just thought you and I could get away from the sect for a while."

Wei Ying nodded happily. Before Wei Ying became a child again, Wangji and him traveled together more than they stayed in Cloud Recesses. After thinking it over for some time, Wangji felt that they should get back to that. They have their own cabin in a secluded area of Yiling. Wei Ying was always comfortable there as he had a lot of history in the area. The people were always kind as well. Wangji thought that going to the cabin was also a good idea.

"Do you have any idea on where you'd like to visit?" Wangji asked him.

Wei Ying thought for a moment before answering, "my mama told me that there was a place in Yiling she always wanted to take me. She said it was my grandmother's place but she didn't know if my grandmother would be okay with her going there. Mama did not say why though."

"Well, did you want to go to Yiling? Did she take you to your grandmother at all?" Wangji asked.

"She took me near her lands but not to her house. Mama as too nervous about seeing her she changed her mind," Wei Ying replied.

"Do you remember where she took you?" Wangji asked. Wei Ying nodded, "would you like me to take you to her?"

"Will she be okay to see me?" Wei Ying asked.

"I'm sure she would be," Wangji replied.

"Okay, I guess we can go," he said, "but when?"

"Well, you have to recover a bit more before we travel. You have a head injury and I'm sure it hurts. I want to make sure that is taken care of first," Wangji said.

"Okay," Wei Ying said and yawned, "I'm sleep again."

"You can sleep if you want, I will not go anywhere," Wangji assured him.

"Can you hold me?" He asked.

Lan Wangji smiled at him and laid beside him. Wei Ying snuggled up to him and buried his face into Wangji's chest. As he held Wei Ying, he suddenly had to come up with an excuse for having a child with him. Anyone who knew him will question him immediately. Wangji eventually decided that he would say that Wei Ying was his little disciple. He would talk to Wei Ying about it later and address him as Xiao Ying to avoid suspicions. Wangji wanted answers but he didn't want anyone knowing who Wei Ying was as he was now just a little boy. He felt it was the safest plan he could think of.

Since Wei Ying has an idea of where Baoshan might be, Wangji was determined to ask her for help. He has his own guqin but he also has his ancestor, Lan Yi's guqin and he felt if he showed it to Baoshan, she might help. He remembered a while back when he had to privilege of meeting Lan Yi's spirit in the cold caves, that she was a good friend of Baoshan's. He just hoped that Baoshan would be willing to help. He knows Baoshan is actually hard to find and it may even be harder to talk to. Mentioning Lan Yi might be the best way to get her to listen.

As of right now, however, he was found to focus his attention and efforts on helping Wei Ying recover from his head injury. He knows that Wei Ying will not be good enough to travel is he is in constant pain. Having a head injury is a serious issue and it is not to be taken lightly. Wangji wanted to make sure Wei Ying fully recovers.