14

Wei Wuxian had settled into the sect just fine. As Wangji and Xichen had a different teaching curriculum due to them being heirs to the sect, Wuxian also joined the two in their teachings. Wuxian was also given new robes. Normally the sect would give disciples white or light blue robes but Wuxian had light blue to dark blue robes. He had a couple white robes for special occasions but otherwise his robes were personalized like Wangji's and Xichen's. As the two were heirs, they needed tailored robes to show that they were heirs.

Though Wuxian was not an heir, he was being raised by Lan Qiren and Lan Qiren wanted Wuxian to have a better childhood than he had his past life. In the Jiang sect, he was never allowed to wear the sect robes or colors, and Lan Qiren found that to be disrespectful towards the sect itself to deny a disciple to wear their robes. If he was apart of the sect, he should appear and be treated as a proper member of the sect.

Lan Qiren was also very impressed with how smart, patient, and kind Wuxian was. Wuxian listened attentively during lessons, and for Wangji and Xichen's lessons, they were harder to grasp and learn. Wuxian learned it quickly just like the other two...though Wangji and Xichen have knowledge of their past life so they do not necessarily need to be taught again, but to help Wuxian, they joined the lessons. They had to start over too anyway. It proves to Lan Qiren that Wuxian's parents taught him well when he was with them. He was later influenced by being apart of the Jiang Sect as they are a more free-for-all type of sect.

"I have a question," Wuxian said raising his hand.

"Go ahead A'Ying," Lan Qiren said.

"I saw my father use a different type of cultivation. He told me that he had a black core and my mom had a gold core. My father called it resentful energy. He said it's not bad but others say it is. Is it actually bad?" Wuxian asked.

Lan Qiren was now shocked, A Black core? Wei Changze could use that cultivation?

Lan Qiren sighed, "Your father may have been taught differently from those who live in a sect. We use cultivation and develop a golden core. Resentment has been known to drive others mad and get lost in it. They sometimes use it to hurt others. Though I believe your father would never hurt anyone. Did he say anything else about it to you?"

"He said that I was examined by one of my mother's doctors when I was a baby. She lived with her mother for some time when she was pregnant with me. Father said the doctor said I have an enlarged dantian, and two different spiritual veins. If it hurts people, I don't want to do that," Wuxian said, "I want to help people like they did."

Lan Qiren looked at Wangji and Xichen who were also new to this information before looking back at Wuxian, "you will be a very good cultivator in the future, you have a lot of potential. No matter what people tell you or think, you have a good moral compass. You will live up to your parents' legacy. If you wish to be a good person, then strive to do so. Make a promise to yourself that you will stand for the people and not against them."

"Okay," Wuxian said, "but since I have two veins, does that mean I can do what my father did?"

"It's possible, but if you do, we will help you learn to control it with the best of our abilities. If you can use it, it means that fate has a reason for you to use both energies. For you to help you, you should think about trying our sect's music cultivation," Lan Qiren said.

"Because both my parents played the flute, can I play that?" Wuxian asked.

"You can," Lan Qiren said.

Wuxian nodded, "because I might be able to use the energy, will I be punished? It is in our sect's rules that we do not resort to evil and should never use that energy."

"You will not be punished," Lan Qiren said, "the only people who will know is those in this room and Wangji and Xichen's father. Other than that, we can keep it a secret for now."

"Okay," Wuxian said, "but isn't it forbidden to lie?"

"Yes but a secret doesn't mean it's a lie," Lan Qiren said and sighed, mumbling to himself, "looks like I will have to sit with my brother and talk about these rules. We may need to adjust them for Wuxian's sake."

"Shufu, can I help with Wei Ying?" Wangji asked.

"Yes," Lan Qiren said, "now, let's get back to the lesson."

After a couple more hours, the lessons have ended. Wuxian spent time with Wangji and Xichen while Lan Qiren spoke with Lan Xiang (Qingheng Jun), "what did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I discovered through Wuxian that his father could use resentment because he had a black core. Wuxian also has dual spiritual veins which means he can use both energies," Lan Qiren explained.

"Is it possible that he could do this in his past life or is this a change from Baoshan when she brought us back?" Lan Xiang asked.

"We won't know until later. Wangji told me that him and Wuxian would go back to her to train but they don't know when," Lan Qiren said, "so I think we can only wait until then."

"For now we keep it a secret," Lan Xiang said.

"I also brought it up because now this contradicts with some of our sect rules," Lan Qiren said, "others will be suspicious if we just outright change them suddenly but we will have to do something."

"We can all sit down, the boys included, and talk about the rules. Maybe we can change some of them," Lan Xiang said.

"It might be the only option for us at the moment," Lan Qiren said, "we can talk with them tomorrow. They don't have lessons tomorrow so they have more time to sit and talk."

"Sounds good to me," Lan Xiang said.