11

Lan Wangji woke up at his usual morning hours. He had Wei Ying lying peacefully beside him. He just wanted his Wei Ying to be happy and safe and back to his proper self. He adored the child Wei Ying but he wanted to have his husband back in his arms. The sooner the better so the two can figure out who did this and why.

Wangji was also worried as to what Baoshan would have to do to get his body back. He would find out a bit later today but he can't help be worry. He trusted Baoshan as she was highly skilled and her reputation was paramount. If she can't figure out the issue, then Wei Ying will just have to re-age. Wangji would be patient of course, he'd wait a thousand years if it meant he'd have his husband in his arms.

Wangji stared down at the sleeping little boy beside him and a soft smile formed in his face. He had to admit, little Wei Ying was very cute and precious. Most children are but there are some children who tend to stand out over others and Wei Ying happened to be one of this kids...in Wangji's opinion anyway.

Even in the eyes or a child, he was one of innocence and kindness. He had a mysterious hint of pain behind those eyes but it was small. Wangji couldn't deny this boy of anything, especially if it is for his safety and happiness. This boy was wrapped around Wangji's fingers and Wangji was not ashamed of it at all.

Wangji laid with Wei Ying until he woke up. He helped him bath and dress before taking care of himself. The two then went to the main room to meet with Baoshan for breakfast. Wei Ying sat down quietly and waited patiently for his food. Wangji helped Baoshan by preparing water for tea and setting the table. They all then sat down and ate.

"A'Ying, you are very quiet," Baoshan said, "is he normally?"

"Since his head injury he has been more quiet," Wangji answered, "is your head hurting today?"

"A little," Wei Ying replied. Wangji placed his hand on the back of his head and started to send him some energy. It immediately started to soothe the pain in Wei Ying's head.

"After we finish eating, let me have a look at him. I should have something for his head pain," Baoshan said, "and if it's alright, I'd like to run a quick session of Empathy on him. It will let me see how he came this way."

"You can, but I don't think you need my permission as you are my senior," Wangji said,

"He may be my grandson and I may be your senior but you are his guardian and he is in your care. I value your approval to attend to him," Baoshan explained, "and he has nothing to worry about, the way I run empathy will not hurt him in any way."

"I trust you," Wangji said and looked at Wei Ying, "is that better?"

Wei Ying nodded as Wangji pulled his hand away, "what is empathy?"

"It allows me to see your past memories," Baoshan explained.

"Oh, okay," Wei Ying said, "will I have to see it all again?"

"No, I will be the only one to see it," Baoshan explained.

"Okay," Wei Ying replied.

After they finished eating, Baoshan led them to a room that was filled with books and scrolls. There was a desk in the left corner while the rest of the room seemed open. It also had a glass ceiling so you could see the blue sky or if it was night, the stars in the sky. Baoshan pulled her chair out from her desk and placed it in the middle of the room. She then had Wei Ying sit on it. Wangji knelt down in front of him and held his hand to let him know that he was right there beside him. Then, Baoshan placed her hand on the top of Wei Ying's head and closed her eyes. Wei Ying also shut his eyes, and Wangji just waited patiently.

After what seemed like an hour or so, Baoshan removed her hand from Wei Ying's head and let out a sigh, "I will need to figure out their identities but two men created an array to go back in time and take Wei Ying back to this timeline with them," Baoshan explained, "I have two ways of going about this."

"I am listening," Wangji said.

"One, we make a new array and bring him back to his correct timeline, he'd still go through what he went through and when we return, he will be back to his natural age," Baoshan explained.

"What is the other option?" Wangji asked.

"From what you told me, you two went through many hardships and misfortunes," Baoshan said, "those are inevitable either way but they can changed. I can reverse time. You and any two or three people you trust, will have knowledge of what will happen and you will have to live through the war once again. You will transmigrate to your young self again but you will have knowledge of everything that will happen so you could fine a way to avoid certain outcomes."

"So one either way it's traveling back in time," Wangji said.

"Yes," Baoshan said, "but you can have the chance to make changes and save people. Even keep him from losing his golden core this time...I have some things I can give you to help you with your journey."

"If I chose to go back in time, I'd chose my brother, Uncle, and Father to know what happened. My father because it will hopefully get him to come out of seclusion this time and live to correct his mistakes. Maybe not with my mother but with the sect and my brother and me," Wangji explained.

"Alright, I will help you in this as well. I will not leave the mountain but you two can come and go as you please, just do not bring anyone with you. When the time is right, I will summon you both to train you to help you through the war...also, maybe with the knowledge you have, you can get Wei Ying before the Jiang's do and you can raise him in your clan."

"I accept this but will I be able to tell Shufu and xiongzhang?" Wangji asked.

"I can teleport you and Wei Ying back to Cloud Recesses and when you wake up tomorrow, you will be back in time. It will give you enough time to talk with them and find out where to find Wei Ying," Baoshan explained.

"Okay," Wangji said. With that, Wangji and Wei Ying were teleported back to Cloud Recesses. Wangji had the opportunity to tell his uncle and brother of the plan and they felt it was the better of the two options. It will help them correct their mistakes as well. They will not fail Wei Ying a second time.