10

Even though Wei Ying wasn't fully recovered, Wangji felt he was well enough to travel. He did get the approval from Healer Mei, and she gave him some tonics and pain relief medication for the road. After waking up at the normal routine hours, Wangji bathed and prepared breakfast for him and Wei Ying. After the two ate, he helped clean Wei Ying and dress him before they left for their trip.

Wangji was going straight to Yiling. Wei Ying had the directions of where his mother was going to take him but changed last minute. He remembered the way but he needed to be in Yiling first to know the right direction. To save time, Wangji actually flew from Gusu to Yingchuan. He thought he'd have to fight but he didn't have to. Being in Yingchuan, the two rested for a few days so Wangji can get his energy back from flying.

Wangji and Wei Ying would walk the rest of the way to Yiling. Wangji felt it would be better as it would give the two some time alone. It was also a chance for Wangji to train him a little bit. They'd rest for a few hours and Wangji would train Wei Ying on some things. After he finished training, he'd carry Wei Ying so he could rest. By the time they reached Yiling, the two were both pretty tired. They decided to stay at an inn for a few days before going to find out where Wei Ying's mother was going to take him...which is where Baoshan Sanren may end up at.

After a few days, Wangji held Wei Ying as they walked through town, "tell me if anything looks familiar, okay," Wangji told him.

"Okay," Wei Ying said, "I remember being near the woods just outside of town."

"Then we will start there," Wangji said, "are you hungry? Did you want to eat first?"

"I am not hungry, just thirsty," Wei Ying answered.

Wangji took out a pouch that had water in it and handed it to him, "it's water," Wangji said.

Wei Ying nodded and took a drink. He then gave it back, "there were a lot of dogs though, I remember there being so many."

"If there are any, I promise to protect you," Wangji assured him, "do you trust me?"

"I trust you, Zhan-Ge."

Wangji smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek, "good."

As promised, Wangji kept the dogs away and Wei Ying felt safe. He was content and continued to tell the way as he remembered it. After a few hours of walking, Wangji and Wei Ying came across a cluster of trees, "this is where my mama stopped and then turned around. When she wasn't looking I threw a rock and there was some invisible wall there," Wei Ying explained.

Wangji nodded and set Wei Ying down, "stay close to me," he said.

Wei Ying nodded as he watched Wangji. Wangji took out a black talisman and wrote a rune on it before tossing it at the barrier. Doing so caused a hole to open up, but also a woman stepped out who seemed a bit upset over the breakin. The woman looked to me in her forties or fifties, and had on white robes its black embroidery. Her hair was long and bound by a red ribbon.

"Who are you to break my barrier?" The woman asked angrily.

"My apologies for being intrusive," Wangji said and bowed, "I am however looking for someone who might be able to help me."

"Who are you and who are you looking for and why?" The woman asked.

"I am known as Hanguang Jun, Lan Wangji from the Gusu Lan Sect, and this little boy here is Wei Ying. We came in hopes of finding Baoshan Sanren as she may help us with getting Wei Ying back to his proper age."

"Wei?" The woman asked.

"His parents are Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze," Wangji informed.

The woman knelt so she was face to face with Wei Ying, "you aren't with them?" She asked.

"They left and got hurt. I was told they are in a better place...my mama took me here but left as she was afraid to see her mama again," Wei Ying explained.

"Did she say why?" The woman asked.

Wei Ying shook his head.

The woman stood up, "you said his correct age?"

"He was originally a grown man and is my husband but I woke up one morning and he was back to his child form," Wangji explained.

The woman nodded, "follow me."

Wangji lifted Wei Ying and was a bit hesitant at first but felt no malicious intent from the woman. He followed her until they reached a large house. The woman led them inside and had them sit at the table. She then brewed some water for tea and sat with them.

"While that is brewing, why don't you tell me from the beginning of you and Wei Ying, how you met, the good and the bad and how you two came to marry," the woman said.

Wangji told her everything he could. He was not one to speak but when it came to Wei Ying, he'd do anything for him. The woman listened attentively. When certain things were mentioned such as his core, his death, and his resurrection, the woman was quite surprised by the hardships they faced.

"With everything you two have been through you are still facing hardships," she said.

"We are, and we would have traveled sooner if Wei Ying hadn't gotten hurt," Wangji said.

"What happened?" The woman asked.

"While I was speaking with my brother and uncle about his training, Wei Ying was at the archery range with other junior disciples. The instructor took his position for granted and abused it by punishing students when they didn't need it. My uncle, brother and I found him beating Wei Ying with a bow. He has been dealt with but Wei Ying is actually still recovering from it as he had a pretty bad head injury," Wangji explained, "I just want him happy and healthy. I want my husband back and I am so much more possessive and protective than ever."

"As a Lan, it is known they you can get that way," the woman said, "as for getting him back to his current age, I have a way to do so."

"Wait...you are Baoshan?" Wangji asked.

The woman smiled, "it took you a while to notice, I have to admit."

"I apologize for my ignorance," Wangji said.

"Nonsense," she said.

"So you will help us?" Wangji asked.

"Of course I will help you, he is my grandson and you are my grandson-in-law," she said, "I will be happy to help you."

"Thank you, we will do as you ask," Wangji assured her.

"Good, for now you two must be tired from your journey so let me get you to your guest room and we can get to work in the morning," Baoshan said.

Wangji nodded in agreement. He carried a very sleepy Wei Ying as he followed her to the guest room she set up. After getting Wei Ying settled in, Wangji freshened up before getting some sleep as well.