19

Baoshan along with Wangji and Wei Ying stopped at Lanling to pick up Lan Xichen. Wangji packed up some things for Xichen, as he would know what he would either need or take. Lan Xiang, or Qingheng Jun, hugged his sons and nephew before the three set off to Baoshan's mountain. During the journey, Wei Ying was actually quieter than usual. Wangji and Xichen noticed it. Xichen hung back a bit to talk to him.

"Is something bothering you, A'Ying?" Xichen asked him.

"I am just...thinking over some things, it's nothing to worry about, Huan-Ge," Wei Ying said.

"I will worry, as I still see you as a brother, A'Ying," Xichen said, "What's on your mind?"

"I am just confused," Wei Ying said.

"What about?" Xichen asked.

"Why would a...person like another person? I mean, Like as in more than a friend?" Wei Ying asked.

Xichen smiled knowing that Wei Ying was struggling on his feelings for Wangji already, "Is there someone who lies in your heart, A'Ying?" Xichen asked.

"Huan-Ge, please do not tease me," Wei Ying said and glanced at Wangji, "How do you know if the person you like, feels the same way? Or what if you are good friends and you fear that they will not feel the say way or just by confessing ruins everything?"

"What if confessing makes everything work out?" Xichen asked. Wei Ying was silent. Xichen sighed and then said to him, "A'Ying, your feelings are real and you have a right to feel and love. Whoever it is that lies in your heart, is lucky to have your attention. If they reciprocate that feeling, I can guarantee you, they will have a great person in their life...why ask me when you can ask Wangji this?"

"I...nothing," Wei Ying said and walked a bit quicker to get closer to Baoshan. He was not really wanting to continue this conversation anymore. He felt it was not necessary anyway.

Wangji, however heard the conversation anyway but kept quiet. It became clear that Wei Ying's feelings for him were becoming known. Wangji felt happy about that because now, he can start acting on his own feelings. He just hoped Wei Ying wasn't as oblivious this time around, but he wasn't going to let that happen again either. Wangji smiled and moved to walk beside Wei Ying, "Hi Wei Ying."

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying said with a smile, "are you excited to train with my Wai Po?"

"I am," Wangji said, "Are you? How are you feeling about seeing her?"

"It feels so surreal," Wei Ying said, "I at first thought maybe she didn't know about me or she didn't want to see me but she just had different plans. She seems to have knowledge of the future and plans out everything accordingly."

"Sometimes things aren't always as they seem," Wangji told him.

"You sound as if you talk from experience," Wei Ying said.

"Maybe," Wangji said.

"Right," Wei Ying says.

Wangji took Wei Ying's hand, "what is bothering you, Wei Ying?" He asked.

"Have you ever been afraid to say something personal? Say you like someone but you are afraid to tell them because you fear they won't like you back? Or they might but if something happens it could ruin the friendship if the relationship goes bad?" Wei Ying asked.

"All the time," Wangji said, "do you fear being rejected?"

"I am always afraid to be rejected," Wei Ying said, "I may be adopted by Lan Qiren but I am still not as noble as you and your brother. I can't give back anything other than affection. Even then, I feel like it wouldn't be fair to them."

"Your fears are justified, but you don't have to fear it," Wangji said, "I so not think of you like that. I think of you as my equal. I like you as you are."

Wei Ying shook his head, "but not more than a brother kind of like," He whispered.

Wangji looked Wei Ying in the eyes. Wei Ying was actually coming to terms already that he has interest in Wangji. Wangji was actually surprised but he didn't want to let Wei Ying go on thinking he didn't feel the same way.

"Wei Ying, I think of you as my life long soulmate...maybe even my soulmate in every lifetime," Wangji confessed, "we are young, yes but I know what my heart desires and that is you, Wei Ying."

"What?" Wei Ying was in tears and completely shocked. He wasn't expecting Wangji to reciprocate his feelings, "you...you like me?"

"I do, yes you are adopted by my uncle but it has been a topic of conversation once or twice with Shufu and my father that you and I could be together someday," Wangji said, "Shufu adopting you is a way to fully protect you within our sect."

"You want me? To court me?" Wei Ying asked, "are you okay that I may not be able to give you what others possibly could?"

"All I want is your love, Wei Ying, that is enough for me. You should know by now material things do not matter to me," Wangji told him.

"I suppose...so we are courting then?" Wei Ying asked.

"Yes, and we can take things slow, we are only fourteen so we have a lot of time," Wangji said as he took Wei Ying's hand.

"I was scared that you didn't feel the same way, I started to realize that I had feelings for you a few months ago. It was only becoming more clear as we spent time together," Wei Ying told him.

"I will always have you in my heart," Wangji said.

Wei Ying blushed, "okay, you do not need to be that sweet."

"Yes I do," Wangji said, "it's cute to see you flustered for once. You tease me all the time, it's only fair that I can get payback now."

Wei Ying let go of Wangji's hand and ran ahead to walk beside Baoshan. Wangji smiled at how cute Wei Ying was being shy. He remembered Wei Ying's past life where he'd constantly tease and taunt him, but now he has a chance to counter it. Wangji was also happy that Wei Ying was able to recognize his feelings for him so soon.