Chaos And Reunion

The return of Karn made the Kauravas and Pandavas extremely happy. Karn on the other hand knew that he still had to make friends with some more people starting with Ashwatthama. Ashwatthama might have become friends with the brothers but he was still put through comparison with Arjun.
In the forest of Hastinapur, a man with a bow walked through to hunt for some herbs and flowers that his mother had requested to get for Mahadev's Puja in the evening. As he stopped and looked at a particular flower, his mind wandered to the Pandavas and Kauravas. He smiled fondly as he remembered the first time he met them and how he had been so excited to gain some friends finally. Being the son of a sage he had only been in the company of his mother most of the time. The one time he had come in touch with boys of his age they had teased him for thinking that curd and water mixed together was milk. His smile grew bittersweet as he remembered the way his father always preferred and praised Arjuna over him. He did not resent Arjuna for he knew that it was not his fault that his father always seemed to like him but ashwa simply did not get where he had fallen short;he failed to understand what he didn't have that his father seemed to love so much in Arjuna. Ashwatthama was not a bad archer, oh no, he was one of the best archers who ever existed almost on par with Arjun but even then his father chose arjun over his own son. He couldn't understand what it was about the third Pandava that his father would ask the Nishad prince Ekalavya to sacrifice his thumb so that he may never practise archery ever again. He smiled as he thought of Ekalavya and Arjun's interaction the other day.
Flashback:
    Ashwathama wasn't able to digest the fact that his father had done such injustice and had gone after the tribal prince only to find the younger boy crying. His hand was bandaged and it looked like all hopes were lost for him to practise archery ever again. The older boy crouched near him and hugged him tightly. Ekalavya shocked by this gesture looked up and was even more stunned to see the son of his so called guru consoling him. Ekalavya's reaction lead to Ashwathama slowly explaining himself and his father's (stupid and utterly uncalled for) actions. This lead to a great friendship blooming between the two with Ashwathama teaching the Ekalavya how to wield the bow without a thumb. Ekalavya's hopes slowly returned. One day as they were laughing and talking they were surprised to see Arjun suddenly stumble amongst their midst. Ashwa almost got protective when Arjun went and got on his knees. Both of them were very confused as Arjun explained his actions
Arjun: Mein tumhe dhund kar aaya hoon yaha. Tujhe bahut dinon se dhund raha hoon. Mujhe pata hai ki jo guru dron ne kiya hai aur wo anuchit hai. Mein yeh kabhi nahi keh sakta hoon ki main tumhari peeda samaj paaunga aur Mujhe aaj tak yeh baat samaj aaya nahi hai ki gurudev ne aisa kyun kiya par mein chahta hoon ki agar mumkin hai toh Mujhe Kshama kar do. Mein tumse dosti karna chahta hoon. (I came in search of you and I have been searching for you for a while now because I know that whatever Guru Dron did was wrong. I can never say that I understand your misery and pain and I have still not understood why Gurudev did so but if possible forgive me? I wish to have a friendship with you)
Ekalavya and Ashwatthama looked surprised at his big confession especially the former because he never thought it possible for a Prince of Kurukul would come forward and actually apologize. He smiled and looked at Ashwatthama who was smiling and looking at Ekalavya signifying that the decision was upto him. Ekalavya got up and went to Arjun.
Ekalavya: Mujhe tho laga ki dosti mein Kshama yaa dhanyavaad ki baat aati hi nahi hai Rajkumar Arjun yaa shayad Mujhe ab tumhe mitr pukarna padega. (I thought that there was no thank you or sorry in friendship Prince Arjun or should I say friend)
Arjun and Ashwathama laughed and hearing their friendship the rest of the brothers extended their friendship as well.
Present:
Ashwathama smiled at the memories and shook himself free from his doubts when he heard a soft voice.
Karn: Mujhe laga mata Kripi ne tumhe jadi bhootiyon or phoolon ko lene keliye bhej di thi. Par tum yahan sapn dekh rahe ho. Kya baat hai? (I thought Mata Kripi sent you to bring herbs and flowers but you are day dreaming here. What's the matter?)
Ashwathhama: kuch nahi bas aise HI. Puraani yaadon ki sukh mein kho Gaya tha. Aur waise bhi jadi bhootiyon tho maine Le Liya hai. (Nothing just like that. Got lost in the comfort of old memories. And anyways I collected all the herbs.)
Karn: Agar Aisa hai tho mere saath chal. Mujhe lagta hain tumhe thoda shant ki avashyaktha hai mere Bandar jaisr bhaiyon ke saath rehkar. (If that is so then come with me I think you need some peace after dealing with my monkey like brothers.)
Ashwa laughed and followed the Parshuram sishya to a clearing where he saw an excited eklavya hugging karn and blabbering about what his mother had told him. To say he was shocked would be an an understatement.
Ashwa's thoughts:
Was this man friends with every single person on this earth? How is it possible that he can be friends with the Pandavas, Kauravas, was able to be approved my parents, got taken by Parshuram as a student and still be so humble? The scriptures stated that every single man had some amount of evil in them in the dwapar yug. But this man seemed to be incapable of being even near the word 'evil'. This feeling of protection and warmth I get from him - is this what they call fatherly love. Why does it feel like no one else matters if I have gotten his approval.?

Karn smiled on seeing eklavya's excitement and Ashwa's thoughts made him grin.
Karn's thoughts:
Oh Ashwathama! You don't have to get my approval. You were my best friend for centuries and you will remain eternally your friend. I had to watch you be consumed by revenge for hundreds of years again and again but not anymore. You will not live in drona's fire of expectations neither in arjun's shadows. You will not be duryofhan's faithful husband nor will you become the murderer of innocent children. I promise you my friend my brother that this time you will live the life you deserve. This is the promise of 'Suryaputra Karn and Niyatipati Dev Vasusen'.

Karn dragged Ashwa with him to a nearby lake and pushed him into it. Ashwa spluttered in disbelief and splashed karn making him jump into the water to escape the onslaught of water. That turned out to be a mistake as ekalavya jumped into his back. The three had fun but when it was time to return Ashwa became hesitant.
Karn: Arre itne maje karne ki baad tum abhi bhi mujhse dil khol kar baath nahi karega mitr? (even after having so much fun you won't speak your heart friend?)
Ashwa: Aur agar mein mitr ki badle mein bhaiya bulaaya tho? Swikar hoga? (and if call you brother instead of friend will you accept?)
Karn hugged him and whispered his approval. Ashwathama finally discovered the joy he had coveted all his life.
Karn smirked for now that his bothers were united Hastinapur was going to be hit by a storm of changes and shocks starting with mamashree shakuni.

Faraway, in a land of thorns and dead bushes,
There was a huge throne room where a huge figure sat and read a letter
??? : Hahaha ha! Mere kaal ka khel shuru ho gaya? Mere kaal? Aise kon hai iss srishti mein jo mujhse anth kar saktha hai. Mein jo swayam tridev ko parajay kar saktha hoon. ( Hahaha! My end has come? My end? Who is there who can end me in this universe? Me who can defeat the tridev.)

In dwaraka:
Krishn: Tumhari kaal ka Shakti wapas aa chuka hai. Ab jald hi tumhara khel samapth ho jaayega. ( Your end has retrieved his powers. Very soon your game will end.)

Hey guys! So here's the new update. Updates are slow because my final exams are approaching and then I have 12th to get started on. So it's been hectic. So sorry for the irregular updates. I am so happy that you guys are understanding and have given me so many votes and reads. Thank you so much.
Varsha ❤️