1

I was once happy, content, sloshing around for in my own private, primordial pool.

Then one day, for reasons beyond my control, I was repeatedly crushed... over and over by the cruel cervix of my mother, Leslie.

I put up a good fight, but I lost, for the first time, but not the last.

I was born on Friday the 13th.

I guess you can say that's where my love of blood and horror comes from.

My birthday is the 2nd scariest day of the year.

I mean it's better than my old sister, Rue's birthday. She was born like 3 days after 9/11.

She was actually Suppose to be born on 9/11 but manage to stay in our mom for 3 more days.

I couldn't say the same, I was born 3 days earlier.

I grew up in a middle-class Suburban neighborhood in East Highland.

°•○•°•○•°•○•°

"Thirteen... fourteen..." A young Rue counts as the Bennett family has their dinner.

"Can you count quieter Rue?" A young Mars asks sitting in the middle of Her older sister and younger baby sister Gia."

Rue rolls her eyes and continues counting. "Fifteen... Sixteen..."

"Ruuuue." Mars says getting a little annoyed now.

"What are you looking Rue." Leslie says watching her daughter looking up while counting.

"Seventeen..."

"Rue, look at me."

Rue stopped counting and started over counting louder over her mother.

Really annoyed now Mars puts hand over ear and continues eating mumbled and shut up to Rue. "Shut up."

"What are you doing Rue." Leslie asks interrupting Rue's counting again make her burst out into tears.

"Shut the fuck up!" Mars yells flipping Rue plate over on the table.

Everyone got quiet and Mars continued to eat her food like nothing just happened.

"Mars go to your room now!" Leslie says stuned that her daughter not only cursed but flip Rue plate over making a big mess.

°••°••°••°

"I'd say she's suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder..." A therapist tells the family.

It's not like me and my sister was physically abused.

"..attention deficit disorder..."

Or had a shortage of clean water."

"And generally anxiety disorder.."

Or was molested by a family member.

"With Mars, she has again generally anxiety disorder, possibly bipolar disorder, but definitely borderline personality disorder but they both too young to tell."

So explain this to me.

°•○•°•○•°•○•°

Partners in Crime (Jules) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें