5

Outfit for the first day of school

It was the was the first day, and my heart was racing.

Mars was siting on top of a table with Rue under the cover eating area.

I made a new best friend and for the first time in a long time I was feeling good about the world.

2 days ago

"Wanna get high?"

"Yeah."

Mars sits up and pulls out her bowl and her bag of weed from her jacket pocket.

Mars packs the bowl and we start smoking.

"Mars."

"Do you feel anything thing?"

"Yeah." Jules laughs

We both start laughing.

I know I shouldn't say this but weed makes me miss drugs.

They are kind of cool.

Staring into each other eyes we both giggle. "I can't believe we smoked all that weed."

I mean they're cool before your sister overdosed, traumatize your little sister, and breaks your mother heart when she finds out her second oldest daughter is also doing drugs.

That's when they get uncool

It's actually a very narrow window of cool.

And once you pass through that window of cool...

Present Day

"This is embarrassing. I feel like everyone knows." Rue says to Mars and Jules.

"That's because everyone knows." I say and Jules hits my arm. "Ow."

"You know, I don't mean to turn this into a competition, but, like, I win. For, like, a multitude of reasons.

"I just... I don't want to deal with all the fucking questions." 

"Then don't, you don't own this bitches anything."

"I still win though." Jules says then grabs Mars hand. "Come on."

The girls walk around the school before the bell rings.

"Wait, you're alive?" Some random guy says.

"What did you say?" Mars says walking over to boy.

"I'm just saying didn't know she was alive I thought she died after she overdose-" Mars cuts him off by kneeing him in the dick the grabbing his shirt.