Ballroom

'But I'll be there for you,

As the world falls down!'

Sarah swiveled her head to look at everyone standing around her, and the stranger holding her. They were laughing, but Sarah didn't like it. It was like they were laughing at her.

Sarah looked back up at the man singing his heart out to her. She didn't understand why he felt that way, but found herself captivated by his voice. His sweet words touched her heart, and she felt like she couldn't breathe. His mismatched eyes sparkled with........passion. For her?

Ding.

Sarah looked over at the clock. Memories started flooding back, and she panicked. Toby.

Dong.

The Goblin King had tricked her. She pushed away from him, and ran through the multitude of people surrounding them. Her heart raced as she realized how much time she had lost.

Ding

She stopped at the edge of the ballroom,and came face to face with herself. She turned to looked for something to break the mirror with, and almost ran into the Goblin King.

Dong.

"Stay away from me!" She shouted at him.

He smiled, fire dancing in his eyes, and then reached his gloved hands out to grab both sides of her face. And that's when it all went wrong.

She gasped right before his lips touched hers. It was a strange feeling, something deep within her seemed to awaken for the first time, and it startled her. She didn't know how to react, and the Goblin King took advantage of it. He wrapped his long arms around her, and hugged her to him, leaving no room for her to escape. His lips stayed on hers, leaving her breathless and confused.

It was suddenly a blur. Sarah lost track of time as the Goblin King kissed her, but the next thing she knew, she heard the toll of the clock again signaling another hour gone. He had tricked her again. He had put her under a spell, she was sure of it. She pushed him away, and he gave her a devilish grin.

"Time flies when you're having fun, Sarah." He taunted.

Suddenly, they were in the throne room of the Goblin castle. The Goblin King was back in his normal clothes, and so was Sarah.

She looked over at the clock on the wall, and gasped when she saw both hands pointed at the 13. She looked back at the Goblin King with tears in her eyes.

"How could you?" She accused.

The Goblin King's face was serious. "Come now Sarah, I'm am not all to blame. I wasn't the one who wished my baby brother away, now was I?"

"Oh please! Please don't do this!" She begged.

Toby walked out from one of the archways to her left, and waddled towards the Goblin King.

"Toby no!" Sarah reached her hands out towards him, but he still went to the Goblin King.

He picked Toby up, and bounced him on his hip. "Time for you to become a Goblin little chap."

"No please! Wait!" Sarah pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

The Goblin King looked away from Toby, and tilted his head slightly, with a hint of a smile on his face. "Wait for what? I have beaten you Sarah. The child is mine."

"Please. Please, I will do anything you ask." She whispered hopelessly.

The Goblin Kings eyes bacame slits, but he said nothing.

"Please. Don't do this." She took a step forward.

The Goblin King's face was suddenly amused. "Anything?"

Sarah thought about it for a moment, but nodded.

He looked down at Toby, then back up at Sarah. "Fine. I will make you one last deal. I will spare Toby and return him home if," He pointed towards her. "You stay here with me.......forever."

Sarah was taken back. "Me?"

"Yes. You." His face was serious.

Sarah thought hard. She couldn't have Toby turned into a Goblin, but yet again, she didn't know if she would be able to stay here with the Goblin King forever.

"My patience is wearing thin, Sarah. Choose, or I choose for you." He hugged Toby tighter as if emphasizing his point.

Sarah sighed, but finally made up her mind. "Ok. I will stay. Now, send Toby home."

The Goblin King grinned. "Say your right words, Sarah."

"I wish the Goblin King would take me away forever......right now."