Day 11

"Being friends with you has become awkward," your voice cracks in the silence of the salvage yard.

It is nearly midnight, you should go back to the house to wish Bobby Merry Christmas. Nevertheless, this conversation with Dean cannot wait another minute. Ever since last year's kiss, things haven't shifted back to normality with your friend. First, there was some sort of mutual silent agreement not to talk about the kiss; pretend as if it didn't happen. It worked well enough, mostly, but your build-up feelings for him were too strong to ignore. That's when your friendship became uncomfortable. You decided to take some time apart from him, hunting on your own.

Being with Dean while being aware of your feelings was awful, but being without him was torture. Ultimately, you decided to go back to him in spite of the consequences. Thus, you've been managing to gather the courage for this conversation ever since. It's something that must happen for you to either move on or learn his true perspective on the matter.

"I know," he agrees instantaneously. You dare to look back at him, but his attention is elsewhere. He's looking at the light snow covering the cars and ground. When he turns around to meet your gaze, you don't look away. "So, let's not be friends anymore." Your heart freezes for a second, and not because of the cold. "I want to be more than that."

Leave your love in likes and comments <3