Day 25

You're not yet 40 years old when you get a life crisis panic. It happens during Christmas after you see your 9-year-old and 5-year-old open their presents, and you realize that your babies are not completely babies anymore. You want to cry, so you step out of the balcony to let them enjoy the festivities without having to look at their mama being emotional. You don't manage to be alone because Dean notices the look in your eyes and follows shortly after.

Years of knowing each other have given you the ability to understand each other without saying many words. That's why you are not surprised he knows how you feel. "They grow fast," he comments while taking you in his arms.

"They do," you admit.

Snow covers the grass outside your white picket fence house. This is the life you have, the life you want, and you're sharing it with your best friend, one of the people you love the most. You know that Dean is going to be beside you no matter what or how much time passes by, even when your children leave, he will still be there.

"I love you," Dean whispers against your skin as if reading your thoughts, "always, and forever."

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays and have a blast with family and friends