CHAPTER-24: Screwballed

RITVIK ANAND'S POV:
June 1st, Thursday

I made my way to my clubroom, fully expecting Yukinoshita to berate me for being last, but when I got to the room, what I saw surprised me.

"...Where is everyone?" I mumbled as I entered the room.

Something quickly caught my eye as I moved towards Yukinoshita's chair. It was a note, with the following scribbled on it in a hurry; "No club today. Class emergency."

"No club? Why didn't those idiots tell me then?" I muttered frustratedly, as I took out my phone to text Hikigaya and Yuigahama, but when I did, I saw that my battery had died.

Well, that's just great, isn't it?

I exited the clubroom and made my way to the school entrance. I think I'll go visit the mall here, or maybe one of the restaurants? Eh, I should get a power-bank first so I can charge my phone.

...

"Fuckin' finally..." I sighed, as I turned my phone on again, only to see a barrage of missed calls and notifications.

[MYSTERIOUS BLIMP WITH A MESSAGE SPOTTED ACROSS DOWNTOWN: SPIDER-MAN, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!] - 3:02PM

[MISSED CALL: HACHIMAN HIKIGAYA - 3:10PM]

HIKIGAYA: [No club today] - [3:11PM]

[MISSED CALL: YUI YUIGAHAMA - 3:11PM]

MISSED CALL: AGRIM SHARMA - 3:32PM] [MISSED CALL: ARUSH KUMAR - 3:33PM]
[MISSED CALL: ZAIN ZAFFAR - 3:38PM]
[MISSED CALL: ZAIN ZAFFAR - 3:40PM]

ZAIN: [Where are you?] - [3:41PM]
ZAIN: [Pick up your phone] - [3:41PM]
ZAIN: [We need to go to Downtown asap!] - [3:41PM]

What the hell is happening in Downtown?

Meanwhile...

AGRIM SHARMA'S POV:
June 1st, Thursday

"WHERE THE HELL ARE THESE GUYS COMING FROM?!" Arush shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Don't know. Don't care!" I shouted back. "Just keep hitting them until they're out cold!"

"What the hell do you think I've been doing for the past 15 minutes?!"

I dodged over an oncoming guard, and hit him with a spinning heel kick, knocking him over.

"Backup should be arriving soon!" I yelled.

"How do these guys have so much tech?!" Arush yelled from the other side. "Who the fuck employed them?"

The two of us kept taking out guards, but eventually, they became too much for us to handle, with every single one of them aiming an automatic rifle right at us, we had to give up eventually.

It was a trap. We knew it, and yet we came here to stop whatever this was, and now... we're gonna find out who's behind this and put a stop to this charade.

...

The airship glided through the night sky, and I found myself bound within its high-tech control room. The guards surrounding me exchanged uneasy glances, their faces obscured by shadows. A sense of anticipation hung in the air, and suddenly, the speakers crackled to life, revealing a distorted voice that echoed through the space.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't the famous Spider-Men. Welcome to the show guys!" A mysterious, yet annoying voice boomed through my ears. It was clear that the voice was coming through a loud speaker, and the owner of the voice was not in this room. "I'm surprised you actually showed up! I didn't think you'd be this dumb to fall into such a blatant trap! HAHAHAHAHA!"