Brothers against all odds (SL)

This story is gonna be a bit different. It's gonna have a different origin, but it will contain the Life series players in it.

TW: Spoilers? Injuries, Blood, Kidnapping, Mentions of death

Angst + Fluff

Grian: 9
Jimmy:7
Scar: 10
Bdoubs:7
Tango:8

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Third Person's POV:

Jimmy and Grian were both a form of bird hybrid. A species of hybrid known to be endangered and on the brink of extinction. Jimmy was a Canary hybrid, with golden wings, a soothing voice, and a calming aura. Grian was a parrot hybrid, with lush green, blue and yellow wings, and the ability to confuse anyone with different sounds. They grew up together in a small town where the last few bird hybrids lived.

The two were inseparable, doing almost everything together as if they were deeply bonded siblings. Going for a fly, eating some bread, exploring the forest. Nothing could stop them from completing the goals they set their minds to. They had peaceful lives, growing up in each other's company.

That peace came to an end though. Arrows came flying and wooden huts along with the trees were set ablaze. The two kids had to watch in horror as Hybrid hunters made their way through their home, destroying and killing everything and everyone in their path. Grian knew it was time to leave, seeing as the hunters weren't leaving anything untouched.

The parrot hybrid dragged his smaller friend away from the flames, the two of them running as fast as their little legs could take them. For days they survived on their own, their only food source the seeds from the grass they picked. Their hope was starting to fade, that was until they saw light up ahead in the darkness.

With the last bit of sunlight from the day lighting their path, they stumbled forward, finding a small village up ahead. The board read "Life Village," and next to it stood the words "All hybrids welcome." Grian had a weird sense of trust in this place, so he led Jimmy into the small village with him.

Upon arriving they were met by a man with angel-like wings and a halo. An angel hybrid. The man flew over to the two boys to help them. "Are you two okay?! You guys seem exhausted!" The man questioned the two boys. Jimmy was already passed out, all of that walking on minimum food taking a toll on the small boy's body. Grian also looked as if he could fall asleep at any moment.

The man called for someone, but the words he said didn't register in Grian's mind. Instead the small boy decided to join his best friend in sleeping, passing out on the man's lap. His mind told him not to trust them, but his heart told him they were kind. So the kid passed out, finally letting exhaustion hit him into deep slumber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Third Person POV (Skizz):

Skizz was doing his daily walk around the village, checking in with his neighbors "Gem and the Scotts" before going to pick up Bdubs and Scar from Cleo and Etho. The two young boys came over to the Heart Foundation, playing around with the cherry petals that fell onto the island floor. Eventually, Tango also came up to play, starting to chase Scar and Bdubs around as Bdubs rode his imaginary horse away from "danger."

The whole village was surrounded by a barrier of trees, isolating it from the outside world. Inside was a form of refuge for Hybrids who didn't want to be found or seen. A sanctuary made up of different factions. Skizz kept a watchful eye over the few youngsters. Usually, BigB, his fex buddy would look after Tango, but he was out doing some form of a task at the Mounders. Something about wanting to talk to Mumbo.

A sudden rustling sound came from some trees off of the small island near some growing sugarcane, catching Skizz's attention. He flew over with his large pure white angel wings, going to check out the potential danger. What he didn't expect to find were two small children with... WINGS?! Bird hybrids?!