Boys night out (¡LL¡)

Thanks to @prefertobereading for this oneshot idea!

TW: Arson? (Odk if this is a TW, honestly)

_______________________________________
Third Person's POV: (Joel)

Joel sat on the edge of one of the sides of Bread Bridge, staring absent-mindedly into the blue sky as clouds chased past him, and the sun began to set beyond the border. A deep sigh left his mouth as he tilted his head downwards, staring at his timer on his communicator.

Today was not Joel's day. He had lost almost three hours worth of time, and in a game like Limited Life were everything revolved around time, this was seen as a huge downfall of an episode.

Usually Joel would run up to Lizzy for comfort after these sorts of things, hug her and hold onto her until he felt better, but she wasn't in this season of the life series, and Joel was left alone to battle his own faughts. He could only hope the next episode would be better, as he stared at the setting sun on the horizon, waiting patiently for Jimmy and Grian to get home.

A rustling in the wheat behind Joel made him turn around, spotting Jimmy trying to sneak up on him. "I can see you Jimmy, you stand out like a sore thumb." "Darnit!" Jimmy let out a defeated sigh, walking up to Joel and going to sit next to him.

Grian, who was right behind the canary hybrid, started voicing his point of view and how he told Jimmy it wouldn't work to try and sneak up on Joel. This caused some bickering, Joel sniggering at the two males fighting like school boys.

A sad smile formed on Joel's face. He wanted to laugh so badly at Jimmy and Grian's antics, but he just felt too upset to get into that mood. Jimmy saw this, being good at spotting different emotions, and he immediately gave Joel a side hug, smiling at the other.

"Something wrong, Joel? You can tell us if there is." Grian came to sit on Joel's right, Jimmy doing the same on Joel's left, not breaking the sidehug. Joel let out a soft sigh, staring out over the forest as he built up the courage to speak.

"Today was just not my day, you know. I lost so much time, and I got little to nothing done. I just don't feel... okay? I don't know how to explain it. I just feel down, and Lizzy isn't here to comfort me as usual, and -" Joel took a deep breath. He decided to stop talking, not wanting to rant all of his worries out in front of Jimmy and Grian.

He was seen as the strong one of the three, the brave and bold Joel who wasn't afraid of anything. He was the founder and the leader of the Bad Boy's, nothing could scare him. But deep down, he knew he was scared. He was too afraid to tell the others how he really felt, how much stress this death game put him in, and how much fear it made him feel.

Joel was snapped out of his faughts by a group of arms folding themselves around him. Grian and Jimmy were hugging him simultaneously from both sides, a soft smile on both of their faces. Joel felt comforted till he saw the genuine look of caios forming on Grian's face, and then he just felt concerned.

"What if... we had a Boys' night out?" Grian asked with a mischievous grin. "You mean a Bad Boys' night out?" Jimmy corrected him, a cheeky grin now also resting on his face. "What do you both have in mind?" And with that, both Grian and Jimmy jumped up onto their feet, dragging Joel onto his and fixing his glasses that were resting on his nose. "Time for some mischief!"

<3

The Bad Boys were currently crouched down near the Clock Tower, whispering the plan to one another. They already pranked all of the other bases. They caught Pufferish in the ocean surrounding the Coral Isles and used them to trap The Mean Gills base. They broke Team TIES bubble elevator, aswell as lit up their mob farm, so nothing could spawn in there.

They also found a few chickens and harvested eggs from them. Using a ton of eggs, Grian taught the other two how to trap a base with poultry, as only Grian could. The Nosey neighbors would soon wake up to a noisy cackling of chickens.

Now it was only the Clockers Family left, and the three Bad Boys already had something in mind. With flint and steal in hand, they went over the last few steps of the plan. Operation "Burn The Clock" was a go. Joel wasn't too sure of this idea at first, but after Jimmy reminded him of their base being burnt down twice, he didn't see why not. The plan was set into action.

Joel ran up towards the tower, steadily making his way up to the clock part of it with the blocks Grian had provided him with. Once he reached the top, he got ready with his flint and steal and lit the clock on fire with one sweep of it. Up in flames, the clock went, and soon it was nothing but a melted down structure.

Grian was in charge of putting the fire out, making sure nothing reached the actual building, and once the clock was melted, he put the fire out with a water bucket as quickly as he could. Both Joel and Grian did an mlg water bucket off of the side of the tower, landing in some of the crops below and braking them.

For good measure, Jimmy made sure to also jump on a few of the crops before the three men started sprinting towards the mansion. They were giggling all the way back, like school boys who just made fun of their weird math teachers hairdo. In that moment, they felt free, forgetting about the goal of the game completely, and not thinking about the consequences of their actions the next morning.

They could worry about devastated nabours and angry yellows later. Right now, they were having fun. Joel forgot all about his previous mood, feeling the joy and freedom in his soul as the wind rushed past him and through his hair. He felt alive. He felt happy.

They finally reached the top of their base, rinsing out the water from their now soaking clothes and hair as they made their way to their beds, falling onto them. They were still giggling and laughing, chatting on about the pranks and how they think each member would react to them. It was amusing to them that the Clockers didn't smell the smoke and that the Nosey Neighbors didn't hear the chickens. But it was honestly better that way so they could escape.

Joel was laughing the loudest, going on and on about how he fought eating a pufferfish would be a good idea, and how he nearly almost fell and died at the TIES base. Jimmy and Grian were grinning ear to ear, happy to have cheered up their friend. They were the Bad Boys. An unstoppable force of caios and destruction. And they were all for that.

That night, Joel, Grian, and Jimmy fell asleep in a shared bed, Grian's wings covering them both as they slipped into dreamland with the moon above their heads. Not a care in the world. And Joel was happy.

______________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! More is coming soon, hopefully :D