A Visitor

This morning when I woke up in my extremely soft bed, I remembered the procedure from yesterday. I looked down at my chest, and somehow that machine made my ribs look a whole lot better and normal. Yesterday was kinda weird, I hardly remember last night. At this point in my life, I am just going to try my best to enjoy this luxury before something happens. Good things don't last forever, trust me, I know from experience.

My clock said it was 9:42, I'm very surprised I slept in so long. I walked around my bedroom to explore a little, and I opened the gigantic white curtain to see out of the window. This window is literally a wall. Anyways, it looks so very beautiful outside, I really want to go out there. I rarely ever go outside, unless it's for a mission, which I don't really remember much.

I put on a different , which was a soft grey long sleeve turtleneck with a short pink overall type of dress over it.

I left my room as quiet as I could and made my way to the closest exit. But before I could enter the elevator, I jumped as a loudish voice started talking to me. Then I remembered- it was FRIDAY.

"Hello Ms. Gracie. Where are you headed?"

"Oh, uh, just outside." I told her

"I don't believe Mr. Stark would like you to leave the building right now. Should I inform him?"

"Nah, I'm fine." I told her

"Okay then." She said

After I got off the elevator on ground level, I went out the big glass doors, which surprised me when they opened for me!

I stepped outside and smelled the fresh air, and realized I forgot to put on the shoes I was given. I only wore shoes on missions, until Tony and Pepper gave me some. But that wasn't a problem! The short bright green grass felt so very soft, almost like my carpet and blankets.

I was walking around when I came across a really shimmery river. It was moving pretty fast, and it sounded really loud. It was really neat! I leaned in to feel it, when I lost my balance and fell in.

"Oh my gosh! Whyyyyy!" I yelled

If there is one thing I am really bad at, it's swimming.

I kept kicking my arms and legs as fast as I could, but I was just getting pushed farther downstream and going under. Very horrific!

Right before I inhaled more water, I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me up.

I noticed I was flying with the person for a second, and thought it was Tony. But nope, it was someone else.

He sat me back on the ground.

"Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! I really hope not, and if so, I'm Peter!"

"(Cough cough) Oh yeah, I'm fine now, thanks. Hey Peter, I'm Gracie. Where did you come from?" I asked

"Queens!" He excitedly said

"Nice, but I mean what are you doing here?" I asked

"I came here because Mr. Stark told me to. I'm not sure why though. I was just inside looking for him, but I felt like I should come out here, which I can't explain why, and you know the rest!" He said

"Cool. Speaking of-" I said, as I was cut off by Mr. Stark

"Gracie!!! What are you doing out here! We've been so very worried! I heard you avoided FRIDAY's little message! Wait, are you okay? Why are you wet? Peter!?" He said

"Oh Mr. Stark, I can explain-" He said as he was also cut off by Tony

"No need to explain, Peter. Gracie can." He said while giving me his sweater to help stay warm

"He saved me! I fell in and pulled me out!'' I said as I pointed to the river

Peter looked very proud.

"Okay, but why were you out here in the first place?" Tony asked

"I got bored, and it looked nice out here. So yeah, I walked around, enjoyed myself, breathed in fresh air, and fell in a river."

He rolled his eyes jokingly.

"Can you not swim?" Tony asked

"Uuhh, not to well." I said

"For a life tip, if you can't swim, don't fall in rivers!" He said

I rolled my eyes because I didn't find it funny.

"Just kidding, kid, we'll work on it. By the way, Dr. Cho told me it would be good for you to hang out with some kids your age. That's why Peter's here. He is only a few years older, but he reminds me of you a lot. So you two, go be friends, and I have to get back to my workshop. Stay inside, okay?" Tony said

"Okay Mr. Stark!" Peter said with a smile

"Yeah." I said

I don't think I have ever met someone my age before, so this is new for me. I'm pretty excited.

We all walked back inside, and after I dried off, at my bedroom door, Peter was waiting for me.

"So, what do you do first?" He asked

"You choose."

"Okay, you will LOVE this!" He said