Hide

I ran downstairs to find Peter and Mr. Stark talking, and it looked serious.

"Hey, Peter!"

He smiled at me, but I could tell something was up. I could see in his eyes that he was nervous.

"Gracie! Hi!"

"Okay, I need you kids to please stay inside at all times, and when FRIDAY alerts you to enter the security room, do it. And don't leave the security room until she says."

Peter leaned in towards Mr. Stark and quietly said "what about Happy?"

"He'll be guarding the main entrance. And watching all the cameras."

"Now you kids go do kid stuff, and stay out of my workshop. Got it?"

"Yeeeaaah, sure." I said with a smile.

"Don't make me hire a baby-sitter. I will if I need to."

"No way Mr. Stark! We don't need that!" Peter was offended.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit."

I looked down at my feet, worried what would happen if things went wrong.

"Hey kid, I promise, everything will be just fine." Mr. Stark said as he put his hands on my shoulders

"Okay."

He walked away and left the building to the place where he said he would meet the other Avengers.

Well, I guess Peter knows everything. I'm fine with that; I totally trust him. I guess he's concerned.

I wanted to change the mood.

"I have something I really want to show you. Come with me!" I said as I started running to the elevator.

We both stepped out, and I led him to Mr. Stark's workshop without any second guesses.

I pointed to the super secured case, which was impossible to open without the case.

"Cool, what's in there?" Peter asked

"A suit Mr. Stark made me! It's so cool! But the problem is, he won't let me have it. It's locked in there. He only made it for my self-defense."

"Oh. Wait, if Hydra is trying to come get you, don't you need self-defense?"

That question made me a little nervous.

"Sorry, uh, bad question."

"No, it's okay. I do have self-defense. I'll show you later."

"I can get it opened for you. But Mr. Stark won't be happy."

"Well, I guess we should just use it for emergencies. I don't want Mr. Stark to not trust me."

"Good call. Hey, do you want to play with our lightsabers?"

"Yeah!"

We went to my room to get them. We started swinging.

"Give up, Peter! You'll never win this!"

"Oh, really??!!!"

Peter did a back flip, landing on his feet, standing on my bed.

"Woah! Well, watch this!"

I did a back flip, back hand spring, and a front tuck, and I have no idea how. It just happened. I guess when I was in the air, I hit my chandelier with my lightsaber, because when I landed, it was starting to fall in what felt like slow motion.

And I was directly under it.

"Gracieeeee!"

I threw up my hands remembering I have powers and stopped it from hitting me, and Peter jumped right to my side.

"How did you-"

"Peter, I have powers!"

It was getting heavy, so I set it on the floor.

There was a moment of awkward silence, and it was broken by a loud sound of shattering glass.

My heart skipped a beat.

Peter protectively grabbed my hand.

"Ahhh! We need to hide!" I yelled

"Immediately report to the maximum security room." FRIDAY said