DAY 12: Fight of the Flames

Tis’ was the beginning of the Christmas season. The snow was falling, the temp is getting colder, and the ground was covered in white. Though, somewhere the snowy location of Galar, we see some snow forts being created by 3 trainers, and 3 fire type pokemon. Lets check up on them, shall we?

“This a terrible idea, Fern.” A girl trainer in light blue and white outfit whispered to a male trainer in red and brown armor. “Oh c’mon, Sunny,” The red and brown armored trainer, who is named Fernando Starlight, whispered back. “It is all going to be worth it. Besides, its three of us, and 3 of them. Even match.”

“Really?” A trainer in green clothes and wore a green mask asked. “Sir, we, a bunch of humans with no powers, are up against a 2nd Evo Kanto Starter, a very attractive pheromone lizard, and a big best girl fire dog who may be a tank. We are VERY outmatched.”

“Lee, do you forget?” Fernando said as he went over to the trainer in green, who is named Leon Rein, and nudged his arm with his elbow. “They agreed to do this war as long as they don’t use any of their moves or abilities. They only have to rely on their own individual set of skills, just like we are.” He said, reminding him on the situation. “Really? Huh. If only ya told me SOONER.” Leon R. said with a glare.

“Ugh, guys.” Sunny pulled the two apart. “Save your stress for the war.So.. Before we arm our balls-” Leon and Fernando would stifle a chuckle, which made Sunny glare at them. “ANYWAY, before we ARM OURSELVES, do anyone know why we are doing this?”

“...” Fernando and Leon R. remain silent to try to recall what happened that caused this to happen.

{FLASHBACK}

At a cafe, we see Leon R. and Fernando speaking to a Charmeleon and a Salazzle.

“Okay, okay, Lee,I never expected you to trip and fall like an 80’s character!” The Chameleon laughed. “Yeah. Some random monkey dropped a bananana peel on the ground.” Leon R. mumbled.. But then he realized that he said banana wrong, so he laughed as well. “Ugh.. Leons..” The Salazzle groaned, leaning her head back to stare at the ceiling in an attempt to distract herself. Apparently, the Charmeleon is also named Leon, and if there is one thing she knows about Leons, is that Leons are fun. A little “too” fun.

(To prevent the reader from being confused on which Leon is which, the writer decided to use codenames “Leon R.”, representing the Trainer Leon, and “Leon C.”, representing the Charmeleon Leon, to help them know which specific Leon is used.)

Fernando would only glare at the laughing Charmeleon. Either this dude is rivals to him, or that he’s going through a tough time. “Hmph. Y’know, for a lizard that is famous around daycares, you sure do make some embarrassing moments.” The trainer mumbled. “What was that, Fern? Can’t hear ya?” The Charmeleon would touch his own cheek, looking at the trainer with a pout. “Don’t got ears, remember?”

“If ya don’t got ears,” A random person called out to Leon C. “how are you able to hear what Leon said?”

“...” Leon R. is about to attack that person, but Fernando hold him back. “No, dude, he ain’t worth it.”

“Hey guys!” A trainer with yellow hair and yellow clothes appeared. “Ugh, you. What ya want, Sammy? Don’t ya have a storm to venture into?” Leon R. asked.
“What? No, that happened minutes ago. I just came by to let you know that by tommorow, it’ll be snowing!” The yellow trainer, whose name is Sam “Alpha” Woku, announced, which made everyone smile. The Salazzle is glad it is snowing, since this’ll be a perfect excuse for a break from her special place. The Charmeleon is glad because he’ll be off duty for a while. Leon R. and Fernando were the most excited.

See, every year- well, actually, any time there’s a snow day, Leon R., Fernando, and the rest of the Trainer 6 would all be in this one big snowball fight- a Snowy Showdown, if you will. In the Snowy Showdown, there is 2 groups of 3, and the goal is to either take down their igloo, or their their defensive wall. If either of those things is taken down, or when all players in one group are hit, the group who kept the igloo or defense wall up, and survived, is the winner.

The two was excited, and they all look at each other with a glare and a smile. “Haha! Leon, you is going down!” Fernando said with a glare. “No no no, you is going down!” Leon R. responded. Just as their rivalry gets bigger, Sam interrupts them. “Dude. Sorry, there isn’t going to be one.” He announced, which shocked the two trainers.

“W-WHAT?! W-Why?” Leon R. asked. “Well.. Yangi is heading back to Alola to visit home and his mate, Greyson has some frostbite in his hands from the last fight so he probably won’t go, and then I couldn’t go because I have to work in this cafe.” Sam explained, which made the two trainers frown. “Aw..” They pouted. Just as Sam is about to say something, his boss called him over from the counter. “O-Oh! Comin’! Okay, so you 4 better order something, please.” Sam said before rushing back to the counter, leaving the two sulking trainers in their table. The Salazzle and the Chameleon were confused on what to do to cheer them up. Though, Leon C. got an idea. “Yo! Why don’t you two battle against me and Sizzy?” He asked them, before getting smacked upside the head by the Salazzle, who is named Sizzler, and is now blushing and growling lowly.

“O-Oh? Really? But where can we find out 3rd member?”
Fernando asked. “Well, you go find Sunny, we’ll find ours. Got it?” Leon C. asked, wincing from the pain.  The two trainers saluted, and they left the cafe, leaving the two pokemon behind.

{END OF FLASHBACK}

“..And that’s got us here.” Leon R. said. Sunny was neither confused, nor mad at them. However, she’s happy that they would let her join her. Though.. She worries of the dynamic of this group. One hand, the two are ready to fight the other group, but on the other hand, Fernando and Leon R. are rivals to each other. How could this go in this frozen snowy war? Sunny is about to ask, when..

“OKAY!” A familiar voice was heard, and we see Sam standing between the two group’s areas. “Sam? What ya doin here?” Fernando asked. “I am just here because I wanna see how this is going to go.” Sam answered, before taking out a white flag. “Anyway- LET THE SNOWY SHOWDOWN BEGIN!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED