Nightmare

Clay x comforting! Pregnant! Reader

Tw: panic attack, deaths In nightmare

Reader is pregnant with Kaolin in this oneshot maybe a week or two from due date

Clays pov

I sat in the waiting room anxiously, tapping my foot against the floor repeatedly.

The room was silent, there wasn't even sounds Coming from the room y/n was in.

Some of y/n's family was there in the room too. Also my brothers as they tried to calm me down.

I slowed down my breathing in hopes to calm myself down. Everything will be okay... right?

One of the doctors stepped out of the room the door closing behind her.

I hurried to stand up and walk a few feet towards the doctor

"How are they?" I asked. Her expression showed pity.

"Are you the father, sir?" The doctor asked me.

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this. Neither of them made it. I'm sorry for your loss." She spoke, guilty that she had to say it.

"W-what... no-no that can't be right. You're lying. Y-you can't be serious." Thoughts flooded my head. Y/n's mom could be heard crying behind me. I heard my brother saying something but I was all drowned out.

My ears rang. My vision blurred. My breathing stopped. My body went limp.

I thought about all the times we spoken about what and when we will do everything with our baby.

We got all of the clothes for him. How can I go back home and see all of it.

Y/ns pov

I yawned as I got ready for bed. Clay was already sleeping saying he'll go to work early to come back earlier than normal.

(Bro made a mistake 💀)

I layed down and wrapped my arm around him and rested my head on his chest. He was really sweaty for some reason.

I heard him gasp which made me jump and sit up. Did I scare him? I always forget he's a light sleeper.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

He sat up on the bed and started to breath heavily. I think he's having a panic attack. Maybe he had a bad dream. I don't know what to do!

I did the first thing that came to mind and hugged him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck

He wrapped his arms around my waist and brung me closer as I heard him start to sob

It broke my heart because he rarely crys (besides the book club)

"P-please don't leave me..." He said desperately as he clung to me.

"I'm here. I'm not going to leave you." I whispered into his ear with a soft voice in hopes to calm him down.

He pulled away after calming his breathing. I cupped his face in my hands as I wiped his tears away.

"Are you okay, now? What happend?" I asked.

"It was a nightmare. I would tell you but I don't want you to stress out too."

"I'm fine. I want us to go through this together." I smiled

"Okay. So basically you didn't make it when giving birth and he didn't make it either."

(Guy's. Why am i just now realizing that they use eggs. Sorry for this mistake)

"Oh. Uh. I'm sure that's not going to happen."

"You're right. It won't happen. I'm not going to let it happen." He lays me down and tucks me in

"What? Aren't you going back to sleep?" I asked

"No, I have researching to do." Clay said before leaving the room

- Sleep is for the weak

-after his nightmare he researched anything and everything to safely give birth even if you didn't need it

- makes you eat a certain amount (not less)

- makes you eat certain foods as he acknowledges you about what it does to motivate you to eat the gross ones

- luckily for him he feels better about himself

-unluckily for you, you had to sleep hugging a pillow instead of clay