Father-of-the-year

Merry christmas!
This was made at 12:00 am

Clay x pregnant reader

(The baby is not his and she was pregnant when she met clay)

(I'm just going to stick with human pregnancy instead of eggs)

Requested by
pretty_iguess

You didn't ask for more but I decided I was going to write some more things, hope you don't mind.

Plus I thought it was too short

Y/n's pov:

Pregnant:

"Clay, you really don't have to do all of this." I stared at him as he tried to fit loads of things inside our house.

He got a crib, a car seat, a stroller, baby bottles, baby blankets (at least 5+), pacifiers, and finally, loads of toys.

"Nonsense. Do you know how much money I get from brozone? Even when it's divided by 5." He spoke carrying 4 bags.

I just sighed and said no more and went to sit down on the couch.

He grabbed a blanket and put it on me. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine before kissing my stomach too.

"I'm going to build that crib, it shouldn't take long." He told me tossing the instructions in the trash.

I nodded with a smile, deciding to watch TV for a little bit.

Time skip:

Clay, only around 15 minutes later walked back into the living room.

"Do you want to see it?" He asked with a proud smile

"Sure"

He held his hand out for me to take, intertwining them. He walked me to the nursery room.

The floor was a soft carpet since he said a wooden floor would be uncomfortable and slippery for when the baby would start to crawl and walk

All Sharp corners and basically anything that is dangerous were, covered up, or put in a high place.

"It looks really good, thank you." I smiled at him.

He smiled back and nodded.

(I'm using kaolin as the baby's name or you can imagine a diffrent one)

When the baby is born:

These are mainly headcannons and small scenarios

(Newborn)

He would be so gentle. He would even sometimes be scared to pick Kaolin up.

Would melt when he hears the baby's first laugh and frantically looks at you asking you if you heard it

When his brother would come over to see the baby, he would be so protective and makes sure Bruce or John wouldn't try to do anything crazy. I mean you've seen their reuniting with branch.

Wouldn't worry to much about branch and floyd though. Would probably let them hold the baby first since Bruce and John would be arguing

John saying he's the oldest and has more experience then Bruce saying since he has his own kids he has more experience

Scenario:

I let my eyes close as I heard the sound of Clay's voice, just a little bit above a whisper, read aloud to me and the baby.

He would do this when I was pregnant, every night that he could.

Kaolin was on my chest, drifting to sleep. Clay was sat beside me, a book in one hand and holding my hand with his other one.

Crawling stage:

Clay would just start crawling around to house to teach Kaolin.

You would be sitting down on the couch with Kaolin in your lap. Then clay would just crawl in the room casually.

Would be so happy when kaolin would reach out to him. Would feel so proud of himself.

When kaolin would start crawling  clay would still crawl around but try to help him walk sometimes too.

If the original dad would try to come back:

I heard a knock on the door while I was cooking something. I went over to answer it.

I saw my ex and sighed.

"What do you want." I glared at him.

"I want to see my child." He told me. My glare deepened.

"No. You don't have any right to." I replied

"Yes I do. I'm his father."

"He already has a father. And it's not you. Now go before I put a restraining order on you."

He looked behind me and saw Clay playing with Kaolin, both of them laughing

His eyes narrowed

"Who is he."

"It's actually none of your business." I tried to shut the door but he put his foot between it and forced himself inside.

He reached his hand out at me before his wrist was grabbed.

Clay, being taller than most trolls, towered over him.

"Is there a problem here?" He tightened his grip. The other guy winced but tried to act tough

"Yes. You're not his father. And you never will be."

"I don't know how you think you could be. You don't even know his name." Clay told him

"I know I am, I was the one who had se-" before he could finish what he was going to say, Clay gripped his hand around his throat and pinned him against the wall roughly.

My ex tried to get out of the choke hold and trying to breathe. I widened my eyes and looked behind me to make sure Kaolin wasn't watching this. He was fast asleep in his crib in the living room. We have one in the nursery, bedroom, and living room... for some reason

"If you come to this house again, there is way worse from where this came from. And if you even think about trying to gain custody you're chances are as small as zero. This is your only warning."

Clay released him and locked the door after he went out. He looked at me, his eyes softening.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking for anything on your body.

"I'm okay. Thanks for doing that." I smiled before he nodded saying it was nothing.